Voiceless

{Ming's POV}

All day, all freaking day I've suffered with this awful headache that overcame during the middle of the night. I probably got around 3 hours of sleep in total - not continuous by the way - and to top it all off, I'm stuck with no voice.

Well, barely noise comes out of my mouth. But if I strain hard enough, I can muster up a shirt sentence by whispering.

Despite all this, I have somehow managed to make myself look how I would any other day and so far no one has suspected thing since I don't talk too much in my classes as my friends all study in different faculties and majors. It was, however, difficult to lie to P'Kit this morning; I luckily had some concealer that just about covered up the very obvious bags under my eyes but P'Kit noticed I looked tired.

I had to lie - I didn't want to worry him - and I hated it because I love him so much and don't want to lose any sort of trust, but I told him I studied late last night for a test. This morning I had enough of a voice to convince him I was fine, but as the day continued it just got worse.

Ai'Yo knows what's up; he's my best friend and knows me too well - nothing can get by him. Yet I managed to get him to keep quiet about it.

That is until he found out I have already thrown up twice. He then insisted on taking me to P'Pha, half keeping to our agreement. So, reluctantly I followed him to his boyfriend who went to go get some medicine, a cloth, and a bowl of water. Word got round to P'Kit apparently because P'Pha came back saying he caught a glimpse of P'Kit rushing around the Medical Faculty. I know I should tell him, but since P'Pha is sorting me out as of right now, P'Kit can know later.

"N'Ming, why did you come in today?" P'Pha asks and I shrug, looking away. "No voice, thrown up twice, headache? Seriously? You should know better. You know Ai'Pavel would be more than okay with you staying in bed. You're his Nong after all."

I nod slowly, still unable to respond due to the lack of voice.

"And you know your Kit will be really annoyed."

I nod again, frowning at the thought of an angry Kitty.

"If you went on much longer, who knows what would have happened to you. You know, I'm surprised Ai'Kit didn't notice your state."

"At the time, he had somewhat of a voice." Ai'Yo explains for me. "Plus, the concealer he's used to make himself look like a human being and not a zombie, wasn't worn off either."

P'Pha hums, still dabbing the damp cloth over my forehead, neck, and arms. "I'd cool your torso off too, but I don't think I should be the one to do that."

I take my phone and open the notes app typing:

It's fine. Thank you, though, P'

He smiles, grabbing me some water and some painkillers.

"You feel any better?" Yo asks.

I shake my head, writing a note again:

Head's super dizzy. Still feel sick.

"Hey, well, stay sat down and take it easy ok? P'Pha will be back soon."

I nod, and then the door bursts open, loudly smacking against the wall with quite some force. Everyone stops what they're doing, looking towards the source of the aggressive sound to find the small, usually cute but now massively angry, Kit stood there.

Well, I say angry, but there's more worry than anger.

"Ai'Ming!" He shouts, concern lacing and dropping off his every word. He rushes over, having seen the sight of me, and envelopes me in one big hug that ends far too quickly for my liking as he's quick to feel my burning up forehead and sweaty body. "Why didn't you tell me?"