Children

{Joong's POV}

"Okay buh-bye mummy!"

"Bye sweetie, I'll be back before you know. Make some friends okay?"

"Yes mummy."

"Good boy, bye bye now." My mum smiles as she leaves, meaning I'm now free to do what I want!

I have to go to this daycare thing? I don't know why, but it is a lot of fun! There's lots of cool things to do, like drawing and colouring, doing activities in the playground, playing with the toys, and so much more! I doubt you could ever be bored here. Sometimes, sometimes I don't feel like leaving I'm having that much of a great time.

In addition, all the other kids here are super friendly! Some here are younger than me, whilst others are older. I think it's called an age range, right?

My friends are P'Phoom, P'Ben, P'Earth, and P'Dome. Though looking around, I spot another child who I haven't seen before?

"Children, hands up!" Miss says with a cheery smile, holding her hand up signalling for us to do the same which we do and stay quiet. I've learnt that whenever our hands go up, we have to be silent. "Well done, good job. Now, listen up, because we have a new boy joining us and he's quite shy and timid okay? So be nice. His name his Nine. I want you all to welcome him and play together."

A collective round of 'okay's sound the room before everyone resumes to chat amongst themselves and continue to play with the various toys scattered around. Me and my friends head outside, and I can't help but look at the new boy.

He's quite small, well, smaller than me, so maybe he's younger than me? His waist is tiny and he's also very slim, part of me thinks he doesn't eat enough though he looks healthy so I guess I shouldn't be worried. His skin looks so soft and beautiful, I can't help but smile at the sight of him.

P'Dome coughs beside me bringing me back to reality. "Stop gawking and come on! Let's play over there" he says, taking my arm and dragging me over to the play area outside.

----

Tomorrow comes and mummy leaves me to play with my friends. We had straight to the monkey bars since its quite hot out today and the sun is shining very brightly.

We get across them pretty easily without effort so P'Phook decides to challenge us all. "You should skip one each time. If you can do that, then keep skipping bars. One at a time."

"Sure P'" Me and Ben reply.

"Alright, but be careful okay."

"Yes P'Dome. Always so protective!"

We all laugh and giggle, Dome shaking his head in amusement.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spot the new kid - Nine - making his way over. By now, me and the rest of us had moved over to the pirate boat so Nine has the monkey bars to himself. Will he reach though? Maybe I should give him a boost? Nah, I'll observe first.

He seems to reach the bars with a jump so I avert my attention back to P'Ben who's trying to take over the ship which is currently being 'sailed' by P'Phoom - P'Dome throwing over the 'anchor'.

I decide to get involved and also try to take over the ship. P'Dome gives up on the imaginary anchor and tags along in taking down P'Phoom. This results in us laughing uncontrollably as we end up in a game of pile on - P'Phoom on the bottom, then P'Ben, P'Dome, with me on top.

That is until I hear quiet sobs.

It goes unnoticed to the boys below me so I careful get off of them and look around only to find a small figure sat on the ground, hands clamped over an ankle.

Worried, I walk over, carefully placing a hand on the shoulder of the boy.

"What happened? Are you okay?"

The boy lifts his head up to look at me. I recognise him as the new kid Nine.

"Nine?"

He sniffles, glancing from the monkey bars to his ankle. "It hurts"

"Your ankle does?". He nods. "What happened na?"

"I fell off... And now my ankle hurts. I also scraped my knee a bit..."

"Does it hurt a lot? Or, can you walk rather?"

"mmm... don't know.."

I gently cup his face and wipe away the tears, dropping a soft kiss on his knee and atop his forehead. "Don't worry!"

"I-" his eyes go wide in shock. "You just- me- you- you kissed my head a-and my knee?"

"Kiss away the pain" I beam out.

"The knee I understand. But my head is not what's hurting?"

"I know. I didn't want to touch your ankle incase it hurt so I kissed your head so it would go to your ankle!"

"I- that- I'm not sure that's how it works but, um..."

I could see his cheeks turning a shade of red as he evades my eye contact, looking away shyly. This makes me smile and it kinda makes me want to have it happen more often. He looks so cute!!

"Th-thank you na.. P? Do I call you P? Or are you younger than me?" eventually he looks back up at me, his reddened cheeks going as confusion takes over.

"Um, well I'm 5 and my name is Joong by the way."

"oh. I'm 6. That makes me the Phi and you the Nong."

"Oh okay then! Anyways, let's get inside to clean your knee up and rest your foot." I say with a smile, holding out my hand.

He looks back and forth from my hand to my face, not doing anything, so I sigh with a huff and a playful eye roll, smiling as I take his hand in mine and pull him up.

"Ow!" he says when he stumbles forwards. "my foot.. And knee for that matter too..."

"Dont worry na P'Nine, let me help you!"

He frowns, folding his arms over his chest. "I don't need help, I'm a big boy!"

I chuckle. He's cute. I quite like P'Nine. "Silly, you're hurt, just let me help you."

"No."

"P'Nine~~~"

"No." this time he looks away.

But that's when an idea Sparks.

I simply step in front of him and kiss his forehead again making him lost for words. His cheeks begin to turn red once more as I hold his hand and pull him into the nursery building to get him sorted.

Once he was all patches up we bid bye to the teacher and began to make our way outside again. That's when Nine tugs at my sleeve, stopping in his tracks.

"Yes Phi?"

"Thank you..." he replies shyly.

"It's okay!"

"C-Can I have another kiss... It was nice.."

"Anything for you cutie"

"I'm not cute!" he huffs out, frowning again. "I'm handsome!"

"You're both." I say simply, placing a kiss on his cheek instead of his forehead this time round. "Want to play with me and my friends?"

He's hesitant for a bit but eventually he nods.

"Okay great! Let's go"

----

Eh, I'm not the most happy with this one, but I wanted to try and make a cute one where they were children but I'm not so sure about the outcome I've got.

I do, however, have a lot more exciting one shots planned so I'll be making sure I get those out as soon as I can to make up for this one shot.

As always, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed ♡

✰ Requests are welcome ✰