Come Back Home

{Nine's POV}

"Joong, you've been staying at Motive Village for the past few months now. You're filming for Mafia has been long done, why are you still there?"

"Incase I had more work I guess."

"But Joong... I miss you.." I mumble out, putting a mix between a smile and a smirk on the handsome idiots face.

"Sorry, what was that?"

"Imissyouokay?!"

I can already feel my cheeks and ears turning red by the second.

"Shit I better write this down in my diary! What day is it? P'Nai said he misses me.." I hear the brat chuckle through the other end of the phone, not helping my embarrassment as I keep my hands stationary on the wheel, my head resting against them looking down at my feet.

"L-Language Nong!"

"Too flustered to tell me off properly too, what a day!"

"Aish, I'm hanging up now-"

"No no please, P'Nai, stay, please. I'm sorry for teasing you~"

I huff, lifting my head up only to let it fall back against the head rest, eyes closing.

"I'll make a deal with you."

A deal? What's this kid on about.

"I'll finish my homework over here, so that when I'm done we have all the time in the world to hang out again! Yeah? Well, until I get more work. Or you do. But you know what I'm saying!"

A small smile rests on my face subconsciously. How I've missed this eager and energetic kids antics. It's too quiet in the house without him, especially having spent lockdown with him. His absence made all the difference.

I had gotten accustomed to waking up with a heavy lump beside me, our feet often a mess despite initially being apart when we had gotten into bed. I was accustomed to the warmth he emitted, the eggs he'd sometimes cook for me if he got up first, how him and my mum and sister would get on so well - often teasing me - and how there wasn't an ounce of peace and quiet.

Though strangely I didn't mind that.

It was like he was a missing puzzle piece, maybe only like a corner piece - or rather one that was unnoticeable at first glance - but when added to the final picture, it made sense and was it only then that you noticed what was once missing.

Joong was the missing puzzle piece.

Take it how you will, just, I now realise that his added presence was the colour added to my life. He disregarded my routine, most of the time gave me more work and things to deal with, but I don't think I would have it any other way. Its perfect. As perfect as perfect can be, because of course nothing is truly perfect, but it is my kind of perfect and-

I've said perfect way too many times the word just doesn't sound right now.

Moral of the story, I realised I missed my Nong and admitting that was way harder and way more embarrassing than I thought when Joong happens to be said Nong.

"Hello~~ you still there Phi?"

Ugh, I forgot I was still on the phone to him amidst my little head rant.

"Uhh, yeah. Sorry, just, uh, tired..?"

A breathy chuckle sounds through the car speakers. "Get some rest na Phi. I'll message you later. When do you want me to come over?"

"As soon as.." I mumble out, mind cloudy with no sense of thinking over my words until its actually registered and my eyes go wide. "I-I-I mean uh, just do your homework and we'll talk about it then! Bye!"

And with that, the call is ended, and I slump down in my car seat for a few minutes. Aish this kid does stuff to my brain.

-&-

It's around 3 PM when I receive a text from Joong, one that is all too excited about him coming over, sending picture proof that he finished all his uni course work and homework he had been given.

I chuckle quietly to myself at this, sending him a simple smiley emoji in response as to not appear to eager, though deep down I know that he knows I'm actually quite excited to have him back. Nothing gets past my Nong when it comes to me.

Nong 🥑: When can I come overrrr

Nine 🍓: pack your shit and come now

Nong 🥑: 😯

Nong 🥑: yesss

Nong 🥑: how long am I stopping?

Nine 🍓: depends on how well behaved you are

Nong 🥑: I'll have you know I'm always on my best behaviour 24/7!

Nine 🍓: what about that time you got angry at a fly in your room and smashed your lamp and broke the bed stand proceeding to be moody the rest of the day?

Nong 🥑: not my fault they got in the way of my battle with that creature...

Nine 🍓: sure nong

Nong 🥑: how long can I stayyyy

Nine 🍓: for as long as you like

Nong 🥑: looks like you're not getting rid of me anytime soon then 😎

That's fine by me.

Nine 🍓: 🙄

Nine 🍓: whatever. Just hurry up

Nong 🥑: you got it boss

I chuckle to myself at his giddiness, making sure to tidy around the house whilst I wait. Mae suspected he was coming round, and Mila was more than happy to hear he was stopping over again. He really has become part of the family and he fits in so well.

Not even 20 minutes later, Joong was outside my door with our manager out in the car behind him. I wave him off and let Joong inside who's immediately enveloped in a hug from Mae, followed by Mila.

Mae ushers him to the kitchen to provide him with a drink and some snacks, whilst me and my sister laugh, rolling our at eyes at how Mae probably loves Joong more than us at this point.

Eventually she leaves Joong alone and I take him upstairs so he can unpack his bags. He instantly knows exactly where he puts his stuff, and what is his space and what is my space. He never forgets, and that makes me smile. All the while, there's a big grin on his face as he sorts everything out before getting comfy on our bed. I sit from my desk chair just spectating and letting him do his thing, quite content.

He's come back home.

In the blink of an eye, he's grabbed my hand and pulled me on the bed with him, myself falling on top of his body, his arms wrapped around my torso in a strong hold. We roll onto our sides laughing, both having missed this atmosphere. A sparkle in his eyes gives me all the happiness I need.

I'm not letting him stay away for so long again.