Chapter 16

Ms. Switzerland was just cleaning up the clinic, she kept things in order and making the clinic comfortable for all the students and personnels. She was about to go check the field, but two countries stood at the door blocking her. It was Russia and America.

Ms. Switzerland: "Mr. America? Mr. Russia? Why aren't you guys at the field?"

America: "We need your help..."

The nurse looked both at America and Russia but nothing seems to be wrong with them, but then noticed Russia's arms. The tall russian covered and hid them behind his back. Ms. Switzerland sighed and led the two countries inside. America and Russia sat down at a near bed and waited patiently for Ms. Switzerland, while waiting America couldn't stop looking at Russia's arms.

Russia: "Stop looking at my arms, America...you're not helping"

America: "S-Sorry..."

Seconds later, Ms. Switzerland came back with a kit on her hands. After a few minutes, Russia's arms are all wrapped up in clean bandages but there's a bit of blood showing.

Ms. Switzerland: "Alright, sorry if I can't do much of your wounds, Mr. Russia. And you can't go training today, but as for you Mr. America you can go to the field now, thank you for bringing him here-"

America: "Can I stay here for a while Ma'am, just 'till my friend is able to leave...please?"

Ms. Switzerland: "Umm...sure, why not. I'll just tell the coach you guys are here, so you both are excused"

America and Russia: "Thank you, Ms. Switzerland"

After that, Ms. Switzerland left the two inside the clinic. Silence filled the whole area, as America and Russia just sat there completely quiet. Russia kept on touching his arms, which made America really upset and decided to break the silence.

America: "Is there something wrong, Russia?"

Russia: "Well...umm..s-sorry if I was a bit angry, America. I'm uncomfortable when people look at my arms"

America: "It's alright...but...why would you do that to yourself, Rus? Why? You can tell me"

Russia stayed silent for a few minutes, then let's out a deep sigh. He looked at America giving him an assuring smile, and started to talk.

Russia: "this morning, I got a call from the hospital...it was about my father, USSR. He was diagnosed with "Fading" about a year ago...the nurse on the phone said his condition got worse, and he may die this month.."

America didn't know his father was in the hospital, and also got diagnosed with the most deadly illness of all. Now it all made sense, America continued to listen as Russia continued his tale.

Russia: "I immediately hang up, and...I was so...shocked..and petrified. Like I don't know what to do, I can't accept my father to die...*sob*...i'm not ready, i'm not ready to lose him, and w-what will happen to my siblings...i'm not responsible enough-"

America: "So you...thought of just ending your life?..."

Russia didn't say anything, and just cried uncontrollably. America stayed silent and he puts his left hand on the russian and rubs his back trying to comfort him. Russia finally calmed down from crying and looked at the floor.

America: "you know what my mother told me whenever I feel down? She would always say, 'No matter how painful something is, it can always be healed, as long as you stay alive"...I didn't know what that means at first...but when she's gone in my life, I finally know what it means"

Russia looked at America, he was surprised, America still smiled. That sweet and calm smile that he always love about him.

America: "So..don't do that to yourself, Russia...stay alive, for the ones you love...and the pain will heal. I know it's a bit dumb but-"

Before America could even finish his sentence, Russia hugged him tightly. America hugged back, and both countries stayed like that for a few minutes.

Russia: "Thanks, America...Я буду жить для тебя, любовь моя"

America: "Hehe, I don't know what that means..but..you're welcome, Russia"

(Hope you guys liked the chapter. Oh! And about USSR's condition."Fading" is one of the most deadly illnesses for countries, it's a very rare case and there's no cure for it yet. Only treatment for the illness to minimize. Since there's no cure, countries only end up dead when it completely spreads the patients whole body and shuting down his/her immune system. Okay, that's all and see ya guys in the next chapter)