Chapter 40: part 2

America: "Hey, Ruski..."

Russia immediately broke into tears, as he hugged his lover. America hugged him back and he was about to cry. The two of them stopped hugging, then Russia kissed America's forehead and caressed his cheeks both of them smiling happily.

Russia: "How are you feeling?"

America: "My chest hurts a bit, but mostly i'm fine now..."

The two countries talked for two hours, nothing but normal conversations and topics. More visitors came to see America, and they're very happy to see him awake. Especially America's brothers.

When his brothers went inside the room and saw America awake, they quickly went over to him in tears. New Zealand and Canada embraced him on both sides while Australia petted him. The three siblings were very happy to see their injured brother finally awake.

Canada: "Are you okay now, Brother? Are we hurting you? Do you need anything?"

America: "I'm fine, Canada..How are you guys?"

New Zealand: "Better, now that you're awake after four weeks"

~time skip~

America's brothers went back home, and left the two lovers alone in the room. Russia was resting his head on America's upper leg, while America petted his head.

America: "You're like a cute puppy, Ruski...hehe"

Russia: "The last time someone petted my head, was my father whenever he tells me stories so I could go to sleep"

America: "Speaking of your father, he wanted to tell you something"

Russia: "What?.."

The russian was shocked, and also a bit confused. He stood up and sat down properly on his seat. America explained everything what happened when he was still unconscious, and it gave Russia goosebumps a little bit.

Russia: "Y-You saw my dad?"

America: "Yeah..And he wanted to tell you that he loves you and your family"

Russia sighed and he lets out a smile, he hugged America once again as America hugged him back.

Suddenly the door opened, and the two countries weren't expecting the country infront of them. His hair was a little messy, and wore a white polo-shirt with an untied necktie around his neck, his eyebags were almost showing like he didn't got enough sleep.

America: "F-Father..?"

UK: "America?..Y-You're finally awake? Are you alright?-"

UK wanted to put his hand on the bed, but Russia immediately stood up infront of the hospital bed and glared at the british country. The british country stopped and placed his hands on his back, feeling a bit uneasy. Rare to see UK feeling uneasy, base on what America thought.

Russia: "NOT SO FAST! I'm not gonna let you hurt him again"

America: "Russia, calm down...let him through"

Even though Russia doesn't like UK, he did what America told him and sat back down next to the hospital bed.

UK went a bit closer and wanted to hold America's arm, but America flinched and crossed his arms. The american just wanted him to speak and explain himself, and nothing more. He asked his father about it, as UK cleared his throat and started to speak.

UK: "L-Look i'm really sorry for what I did...it was a mistake. I shouldn't have pulled off such a dispicable stunt torwards you and your lover-"

Russia: "Oh! Now you started to regret everything...stupid"

America: "Ruski.."

Russia: "Sorry, Ame"

UK: "No, he's right. I am stupid. Anger got the best of me, and made me such a horrible person. After I realized my actions caused me to lose my whole family I regret everything that i've done...can...can you forgive me, America?"

Russia looked at America who gripped on the sheets and his head facing down, UK just stood there infront of them, waited patiently and nervous for his son's response.

America: "Since mom died, you treat me like dirt...and yet I didn't hate you as much as you hated me. You took it too far and tried to kill Russia...that's totally messed up. Because of that, I won't forgive you until you make up for your mistakes..i'm sorry, father"

UK felt a bit upset that America didn't forgave him, but atleast he gave him a chance. He smiled a bit and mostly was thankful that his son gave him a chance. America extend his left hand for a handchake and UK gladly shook his hand.

UK: "I'm sorry to bother you two, i'll take my leave now...thanks for the second chance, my son"

America: "See ya around, father"

UK left the two countries alone. America huffed heavily, like he was exhausted which made the russian paniced a bit.

Russia: "You okay, Ame?"

America: "Uugghh...good thing I didn't faint infront of him, even though he isn't intimidating looking he still gets me nervous"

Russia: "You even gave him a second chance, are you sure about that?"

America: "He'll change his ways, Ruski. I'm sure of that"

Russia: "Whatever you say, Amie"

(I finally did the chapter, took a while to finish since I got a major headache. Hope you guys liked the chapter, and the next chap will be the end. See ya guys on the last chapter of TSDW)