Chapter 7

Niccolo Knights

"Alright, good job everyone. The meeting is adjourned." I said to my employees. I stood up and buttoned my suit and sighed. This is a very tiring day, I could really use a coffee. I went out of the conference room and head straight towards my office, apparently it's already lunch time and my little man would probably awake now from his nap. I peeked through my office door and saw my two year old son, Dylan, playing in his 'grown up' crib inside my office. We added the word grown up because, this young man cried a lot whenever we tucked him in his crib and that's how my mom ideated the term 'grown up' crib to him. She said that every man in his age even iron man and thor (because they are his favorite superheroes) needs to sleep in a grown up crib so they can recharge and fight off monsters.

Dylan was actually a product of a one night stand. His mom and I hooked up without using protection thus he was conceived. His mom, whom I didn't know the name of, thankfully proceeded with the pregnancy with no intentions of telling me but the unfortunate happened and she died while giving birth to him. Dylan was left outside the gate of my house, he was placed in a huge blanket with an envelope addressed to me and was covered with lots of blanket to keep him warm.

Jenko, my head of security was the one who him. He immediately went inside my house and showed him to me. I took out the envelope and saw the letter which tells me that the baby is my son and that Bianca, the one I had a night with, passed away while giving birth to Dylan. Enclosed in the envelope also are Dylan's birth certificate with my name as his dad. At first I angry because I thought that someone is playing a sick joke on me. I called up some people and took a DNA test to prove if the baby is mine. 3 days after, the result came out and lo and behold, he really is my son. I went to my parent's house with Dylan to ask for their advice as to what am I going to do to him. My mom got mad at my question because according to her, I should not be asking because it is already clear that I am to take responsibility to him.

At first I was a negligent father, I didn't care about him, I busied myself at work, I rarely stay at home because his cries irritated me and I let my mom took care of him. But my negligence towards him stopped when he was 4 month old. I was here when my mom told me that she's in a hospital with Dylan because he has a high fever. I went immediately to the hospital, I saw mom pacing in the hallway. I asked her what happened and she slapped me in the face and said that Dylan got diagnosed with pneumonia. It felt like someone poured me a bucket of iced cold water and made me realize how much of a dick and irresponsible father I was, and with that, I vowed to myself that I will take care of my son from thereon.

"Hi buddy." I greeted him and kissed his head.

He looked up at me stood up on his crib. "Hi daddy." He said and smiled while he's extending his arms for me to carry him.

"How was your nap?" I lifted him up and placed him on my left arm.

"it was gweat daddy. I dweamed of fighting Woki (Loki) cause he getted the terasac (Tesseract)." He told me.

"Oh. Did you win? I bet you did." I inquired with an exaggerated voice.

He nodded and smiled shyly. "I used Thor's hammer and smash it to Woki." He added.

"ooohh. I knew you're worthy of Thor's hammer." I said then started tickling him. Those laughters are music to my ears as well as his cries. Don't get me wrong, I don't like and want him crying but those cries meant that he needs me. I should enjoy these little things because after a couple of years, he won't be needing me anymore, hell he would even be ashamed of me whenever I pick him up on his school.

I stopped tickling him when I heard my phone ringing. I put him down and took my phone out from my pocket, I saw the caller ID and sighed. I gestured Dylan to keep quiet and he nodded.

"Mr. North." I answered.

"Hello Niccolo, how are you?" he asked in a cheerful voice.

"I'm fine, sir. How about you?"

"I feel good. Now, I'll quit hitting around the bush, Olivia already agreed to marry you. She wants to meet tomorrow night here at my house." he stated.

I was shocked to hear that Olivia North agreed to marry me. I remembered that she was fuming with anger when she confronted his dad about her not accessing her finances. I was actually taken aback on how she talked and shouted her dad and how Anthony handled his fuming daughter. I admit when she bursted open the door, I checked her out, she was breathtakingly sophisticated. The way she walked and slumped her handbag on his father's desk kinda turned me on but when she started saying that she doesn't actually need to work because of her money, it's a turn off for me because from what I know about her, she is a spoiled arrogant brat. While she was fuming in anger, I was thinking on how to get out of Tony's office without them noticing me. But just my luck, I heard Tony called me and introduce me to her daughter. Olivia turned around and I noticed the slight widening of her eyes to see me, I was swept away by her beauty up close. I introduced myself while offering her my hand but she ignored it and threatened her father instead, she walked out after that.

"Niccolo..." I heard Tony's voice. Oh right, he was still on the line.

"Sir, I'm still here." I face palmed myself when I said that.

"I expect you to be here tomorrow by 7, ok. And don't worry, Olivia will be in her best behavior." I assured me and chuckled.

I nodded and realized that he couldn't see me. "Noted, Sir."

"Nick, I told you many times quit calling me sir or Mr. Knights, just call me Anthony, Tony, or better yet, start calling me dad." He joked. "Anyway, see you tomorrow." He added.

"See you, Mr. No.. I mean Tony." He sighed and ended the call with "you'll get used to it."

I slumped on my couch and sighed thinking about what would happen tomorrow when I officially meet the feisty heiress. I felt a pull on my blazer and looked at Dylan, I raised my brows and he said, "I want fried chicken, daddy."

Yeah right. I forgot it's already lunch time. 

xo

kimmypatata