Chapter 57

Olivia North

At last! The boring 4 hour planning meeting is done. Ugh! I really don't think if I can get used to these boring meetings. I sighed and walked towards my office and before I entered, Chandra, my assistant here in Dubai, handed me a folder of documents.

I raised my brows at her questioningly as what did she gave to me.

"Ms. North, i-its the transfer d-documents. Mr. North r-rejected it again." She stuttered and I can see fear in her eyes.

This woman, as well as the other employee were scared of me. I didn't know why but I guess it's because I never showed them my cheerful and playful side just like how I used to be in our headquarters at home. But what can I do? I'm here to work and not in the mood to get acquainted with anyone.

I looked at the folder and sighed in irritation. I took it from her and dismissed her.

When I went inside my office, I tossed the folder on my table and grunted lowly. This is the third time Zac rejected my transfer request. God, I hated him for being the chairman of our company. When I made up my mind to settle here in Dubai for good, I forgot that I needed an approval from my brother first, and up until now, he kept on rejecting my requests.

Damn you, Zachary. Damn you. I never called him though to force him to approve because I was not in the mood to talk to him, but I was not mad at him. I was just not in a least bit in the mood to contact anyone from home.

Don't get me wrong, I was not cutting my ties to them, I just wanted to be alone. And for three weeks since I came back here, I was actually doing a pretty great job.

I was actually surprise that Niccolo never bothered me again since that day. I guess he already admitted to himself that me and him are never going back together. However, I was still a little bit disappointed on him because he kept on telling me that he will do everything for us to be together again and yet he did nothing.

I was so lost in thoughts when I failed to realize that Chandra entered.

She cleared her throat and called me cautiously.

"Ms. North?" I looked up at her bored.

"Mr. Akeel called again as asking if you are free tonight. I told him already what you told me to tell him but he's really adamant to have dinner with you. He said that if you won't give him this chance, then he will withdraw their services to us." She said in a nervous tone.

I narrowed my eyes at her and slammed my hand on the table. The nerve of that guy! I thought to myself.

Shaiful Akeel was the son's owner of our major oil shipping service provider and he's a year older than me. For years we do business with their family in shipping oil to Asia, they're actually efficient in doing so and a family friend that's why dad wanted to preserve the friendship between our families. But this annoying man thought that he can mix pleasure in business and he decided to ask me out since the first time he had a meeting with me two months ago.

Of course I took his offer down because firstly, I don't like him, and secondly, he looks funny to me. Niccolo is much more handsome and manly than he is. He's a kind of guy that when he walked past you, you'll gawk at him until he disappears not like this Shaiful guy, it's as if when I punched him, he'll get knocked out immediately. Oh and not to mention, Niccolo is a sexy beast who can make you---

Ugh shit! Did I just think of Niccolo again and even compared him to Shaiful? What the hell, Olivia, get a grip or something... Didn't you just promised to yourself that you'll forget about him? I scolded myself and stood up abruptly.