Chapter 40

Niccolo Knights

"Mommy, is my gift to gwanpa okay?" Dylan asked from his car seat behind us.

"Of course, my love. Grandpa will surely love your gift to him." Olivia assured Dylan and went back texting on her phone.

Currently, we are on our way to Tony's house for his birthday dinner celebration. Olivia and Zac wanted to have a grand celebration but Tony talked to them about wanting to just have a simple dinner in their manor. Not only and Dylan were invited but also Jowee and Erin as well as Zac's bestfriends, Neil Pattel and Skylar Harris.

We arrived at the North manor and Lorna immediately welcomed us, she informed us that Jowee and Erin had already arrived and that they were in the recreational room. Olivia thanked Lorna and we went to Tony's study to greet him.

Olivia let Dylan knock on the while uttering, "Gwanpa, gwanpa." then we heard a low come in.

When we went inside, Dylan ran to Tony and hugged him.

"Happy birthday, Gwanpa Tony. Hewe is my gift. I dwaw that yestewday in mommy's office while waiting fow daddy. Do you wike it?" He immediately showed his drawing 'Happy Birthday, Grandpa Tony. You're the best.' with Avengers' superheroes.

Tony chuckled and placed Dylan on his lap. I was so glad that he treated Dylan like his own grandson even before he offered the marriage deal to me and Olivia, he adores my son.

"Niccolo, hold this. Let me take a picture of them. They look so perfect!" Olivia gave his clutch to me and snapped a couple of pictures.

"Hey old man, we're here too, you know." Olivia joked and dragged me to his table where he's tickling Dylan.

"I know but this little man is distracting me." He tickled Dylan again and my son just LOL-ed.

"Happy birthday, Tony." I greeted him and gave him a bottle of his favorite wine.

"I told you to not buy me any gifts, but anyway thank you, Niccolo." He stood up and gave me a breif hug.

"It's the least I can give you, sir. You gave me the best gift one could ever ask for." And that is his trust. Entrusting me to take care of his gem, Olivia. Up until now, I still didn't know the full reason why he had chosen me as Olivia's husband besides that he thinks that I am a good guy. I have a couple of hunches but I didn't think it's enough reason to entrust me his most treasured gem.

"Happy birthday, daddy. I still hate the fact that you turned down the party that Zac and I were planning over this simple dinner." Olivia huffed after she hugged and kissed Tony's temple. He just laughed and picked Dylan up.

I smiled at them because they are now getting close with each other. These past few months, I saw how caring Olivia is to Tony, she always allotted a night to have dinner with him. Her gestures and tone of voice towards him was more different from when I first met her.

Im glad they patched things up now. One can clearly see that Tony's way more happier with the way his relationship with his daughter is.

Then we heard a knock. We all faced the door and saw Bethany entered. Her eyes widened when she saw me then quickly shifted her gaze to the woman beside me who's currently looking on her phone. She paled and gulped. Tony on the other hand stood in front of Olivia to block Bethany from her sight.

Oh my God, if Olivia sees her, it'll be the end of her day.

"M-Mr. N-North, Mr. N-North has a-arrived already." She stuttered and Olivia looked up from her phone and saw her at the door. Uh-oh. I need to save this poor girl from her.