Chapter 10

Olivia North

I lowered my head and leaned on my arms. This is so tiring, there are lots of things that needed to be finished and dealt with. As I was about to close my eyes, my phone rung. I looked at the caller ID and saw Zac's name as well as his local number. I sighed and clicked the speaker button to answer him.

"Livy, I want the file for Project Phoenix." My brother ordered.

"My secretary sent it to you yesterday. Ask yours where she'd put it." I yawned.

"Yup, saw it already. Livy, I need you to go meet Mr. Sherate at Lincoln Restaurant at 11am, I couldn't come, so be my proxy. Oh, and also, draft the proposal for Imaje and send it to me tomorrow." He ended the call.

Ugh. Im so tired right now, he didn't even tell me what the meeting is all about. I picked up the phone to call his local but I heard a knock. Nikkie came in and gave me some files informing me that this will be the agenda of my meeting with Mr. Sherate later. I dismissed her and sighed, I looked at the files in horror because how the hell will I review all of these in 2 hours? Zachary, I will kill you later.

I walked inside the Lincoln restaurant and a receptionist greeted me asking if I have a reservation.

"Yes. Zachary North." I answered and she led me to a private room. As she opened the door, I saw an old man and a middle-aged woman already sitting and discussing about the agenda of our meeting, I suppose. The old man, which I'm guessing is Mr. Sherate took a glance on the door and did a double take as he saw me entered. He smiled and stood up.

I returned his smile and greeted him.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Sherate, I am Olivia North, Anthony North's daughter. Zachary is still in a meeting so he sent me instead. I hope you don't mind." I said as I extended my right hand for a handshake.

He shook my hand and answered, "Nope, I don't mind at all. Take a sit and let's order first." he smiled.

While waiting for our order, he made small talks with me. I learned that the middle-aged woman he is with is his secretary. Also, I learned that he and my father were classmates in highschool, he told me that dad was the popular guy where girls worshipped him and were willing to kiss the ground he walked on. But dad didn't care about them because he was already in a relationship with someone that time.

"My dad never told us about it." I replied and smiled.

"Maybe because he didn't think that it is important? Hahaha. Anyway, your dad is a good man also. He helps the one in need. I remember he helped me chase away the bullies." He smiled.

Our order came and we discussed about the deal. Apparently, he wanted to renew his contract with us and wanted raised his share in shipping to 40%.

After an hour and a half, our meeting ended I assured him that I will discuss this first to my brother and will revert back to him next week.

We bid our good byes and went outside the restaurant.

I was rummaging my bag for my car keys when someone collided on my left knee. I looked down and saw a toddler on his knees. I smiled and as I bent down to help him to his feet and he spoke.

"I'm ok. I'm sowwy." He said in a cute way while brushing the dirt on his knees. That is so cute.

I chuckled and held his cute small hand.

"It's ok young man. What is your name?" I inquired.

"My name is Dywan." He answered and I lightly pinched his cheeks. Don't judge me ok, he's so cute for me.