Chapter 17

Niccolo Knights

Yesterday was a day full of surprises and unexpected situations. Olivia showed me the side of her that a lot of people didn't know, which was her good side, I assume. After we had ice cream, Zac called her to report in their office, she bid her goodbyes to us and promised Dylan that she will come visit him again. I smiled at the thought of her spending time with Dylan.

When I first saw her comforting Dylan, I couldn't believe what I saw but when I watched her actions towards him, I just couldn't believe that she knows how to handle and be patient with a toddler even while throwing a fit. Then another surprise thrown at me was when she's unknowingly diplomatic at me and teasing me about my clearing of the throat. This woman sure really knows how to use her observations and use it against you. I chuckled.

"I'm sure you're chuckling not because of that graph in front of you but because of something else?" I looked up surprise to see Alex sitting in front of me looking at his phone. I furrowed my brows confused because I didn't hear or sensed him come in.

"Since when are you here?" I asked in horror.

"Since you flipped on that page." He looked at me and pointed the graph I was holding then added, "I think it's been 10 minutes now since you started staring at that graph. Was it funny? Because if it is, enlighten me how." He queried and placed his phone on my table.

"None of your business, Alex. So, what are you doing here?" I asked while I leaned back on my chair.

"I'm here to see you and little Dylan, but according to Didith, you didn't bring the little Devil today. Was he at home or he's with someone else?" he asked while wriggling his eyebrows, quite funny actually.

"He's at his piano class. And why did you think he's with someone else?" I queried and looked at my wristwatch to see what time is it.

"Well, considering this" he opened his phone and showed me a picture of Olivia carrying Dylan and me carrying her hand bag as we were buying ice cream yesterday. I raised my brows, leaned on my table and asked, "What about it?"

"What do you mean, what about it? Nick, you're dating Olivia North." He said

"Yeah, I remember you bursted in here asking me about that. Now, what do you want? You're making this a big deal."

"When you're dating the North heiress, of course this is a big deal. Especially when she's already bonding with your son." He answered me and showed me pictures of us yesterday. I don't know what he's battling about.

"Care to explain to me, Alexander?" I queried.

"Actually, it's fine if you date her, she's drop dead gorgeous and sexy." I frowned when I heard him praise Olivia like that. What he said was true but I don't like it when another man noticed and voiced it out in front of me.

"But don't you think it's too early to let her bond with Dylan? Especially when you still don't know where your relationship are heading. You are still in the early stage of dating, Nick, what if Dylan got attached to her and started to think of her as his mother? You said it before that you and her broken up and just rekindled your relationship a few weeks ago, didn't you think that this will happen again in the future? What if the next time you two broken up, it's really the end? Not only you will get affected but it will surely and greatly affect your son." He paused assessing my reaction but I kept on my poker face. I raised my brows to encourage him to continue.

He sighed.

"Please don't be mad but in my opinion, I don't think that Olivia is fit to be around with Dylan. Your son is a good kid and I care for him. Also, everyone knows what kind of person Olivia North is, I don't want Dylan to acquire the bad attitude that woman has." He finished and leaned back on his chair.