Chapter 62

Olivia North

"Daddy, I'm fine now. Stop worrying and thinking about what happened, it's been a week already." I whined and popped a piece of meat in my mouth.

"Livy, I'm your father, it's natural for me to worry about what happened. What if Nick didn't arrive there on time?" I stood up and back hugged Dad's neck. I rested my chin on his shoulder.

"Exactly, Nick got there so the bastard didn't go further with his assault. So stop thinking about it, I don't want you to worry anymore and besides, he's already in jail." I said softly.

"But still..."

"Daddy, worrying is bad for your health! So stop it. I'm perfectly fine." I said sternly and glared at Zac. I pointed my index finger at him.

"You! I told you to not tell what happened to this old man! See, he's worrying. Damn you, Zachary, you can't keep a secret when it comes to me." I said in irritation but he just shrugged his shoulders.

I went to him and did what I did to Dad, hugged him.

"But thank you for coming though. Thank you for fixing everything for me, dear brother." I hugged him tightly and I playfully tightened my arm around his neck so he choke.

"But you shouldn't have told it to dad, you ninny." He removed my arm forcefully and coughed. I laughed and went to my place.

"You fucking---"

"Zachary!" Dad stopped him and he looked at dad in disbelief.

"She's going to kill me!" He said in an accusing tone. I smiled sweetly at him and showed my tongue.

"But still, you shouldn't curse your sister." Dad reprimanded him and he smiled at me and held my hand.

"Oh so it's okay for you when she almost killed me?"

"She was just joking, Zachary. Stop whining and finish your food." Dad said and Zac glared at me.

I know he's not totally irked for what I did and he's only being playfully to lighten up the mood.

"I love you, Dad." I smiled and Zac scoffed.

"I love you too, my dear brother Zachary." I said and put his favorite brisket on his plate. He clicked his tongue and I just smiled at him thanking him with everything that he's done for me, through my eyes.

He saw it and he nodded and smiled at me.

After dinner, Zac drove me to my apartment and even walked me to my unit. Since I came home, he's been the one driving me home and would wait for me to go inside my apartment.

While we're in the lift, I linked my arm to his and leaned my head to his arm.

"Zac, what happened to you and Erin?" I asked him and he stilled.

"I know there's something going on between you two. What happened?" I looked him through his reflection on the lift doors.

He frowned and sighed.

"Livy, can we not talk about it tonight?" He said and I nodded.

"Fine. But a gentle reminder, Zac, if you're unsure with your feelings towards her, leave her be. You're not only hurting her but you're also hurting yourself." I said and went out when the lift doors opened.

I walked to my unit and Zac followed me. He was quiet until I opened my door.

"Good night, brother. Call me when you get home, okay." I reminded him and he just nodded and kissed my forehead.