Chapter 28

Olivia North

Have you ever felt a mixture of anxiety and dread before? It's like as if you're whole body suddenly turned into jelly and your heart beats so hard as if anytime you're going into cardiac arrest. That's what I've been feeling since Nick informed me that we're quite near his parents' house. I've been freaking out silently and his car a/c was not even helping, well I didn't know if it's cold in here or was I only feeling it.

"What's wrong?" I felt Nick's hand held mine. I looked at him smiling to mask my nervousness.

"What do you mean?" I asked feigning.

"You've been quiet the whole ride. You know Livy, it's totally fine if you refused mom's invitation, she won't take it against you." What? Did he think that I'm being quiet because I did not want to go? Oh. My. God. I looked at him and saw understanding on his face.

"What?! No, it's not that, Nick. Believe me, I wanted to go but it's just..." I replied in a small tone at the end and paused, he looked at me confused.

"Olivia, tell me what's bothering you?" He asked worriedly and faced me.

Should I tell him or not? What if he makes fun of me about being so freak out about this? I don't think I can handle it if he started to make fun of me about being scared to meet his family. But maybe I'm overthinking again, maybe he can help me with this by staying by my side the whole time? Oh right, he told me awhile ago that I am to stay beside him the whole time. Yeah right. I'll do that today, so I won't tell him what's bothering me. You're really smart, Olivia.

"Are you done?" he asked again while he stopped his car when the traffic light turned red. I tilted my head to the right and furrowed my brows asking him what's he's talking about.

"Are you done deciding between telling me or not telling me what's bothering you?" by the time he finished, my jaw dropped, how did he know that I was asking myself? Does he have mindreading powers?

"No, I don't have any superpowers, Livy. Your face gave it all away." he chuckled.

"Niccolo. Did I say it out loud?" I said carefully while still in shock.

"Nope, you didn't. Your face says it all but the mind reading part, you kinda say it out loud." He leaned on to me and reached for my left hand, he kissed the back of it and asked me again in all seriousness.

"Seriously, Livy, tell me what's bothering you."

I looked at him hesitantly and sighed. Here goes nothing.

"Nick, promise me you won't laugh or make fun of me." I showed him my right pinky slowly and he chuckled for the second time.

"Nick stop laughing or else you'll wake Dylan up. We don't want him to be grumpy later at the bake sale."

"Okay okay. I'll shush now. And I promise." We pinky sweared. I took a deep breathe and held his right hand who's currently holding my left hand.

"Niccolo, I'm kinda freaking out to meet your family." I uttered quickly.

"What? Why?"

"What do you mean why? What if they won't like me, or better yet, they DON'T like me because of my reputation? What if they think that I am just playing you and think that I'm not fit to be near Dylan. That when I get bored, I will leave both of you? What if the picture of me and that Cameron making out became a topic? Ugh, I don't know what to do." I grunted and placed our hands on my forehead.

"Olivia, you don't have to worry about that, maybe they'll perceive you as the stereotyped heiress but once they get to know you, I will guarantee that they will like you."