Chapter 41

Olivia North

"Seriously? Dad?" I saw their shocked faces looking at my way then dad spoke.

"Livy, before you say anything, let me explain first." Dad spoke carefully.

"Dad, you don't have to explain. Oh my God." I snapped at him and folded my arms on my chest.

"Olivia, drop that attitude. Dad's trying to explain it to you." I looked at Zac and he was mad.

What the hell! If he's mad, then I'm mad too.

I narrowed my eyes at him and pointed my index finger at him.

"No, you listen to me!!! All of you! We were waiting for you three to have dinner already but you three decided to have a meeting right after I left! We are all starving, Dylan kept asking me when are we gonna eat." I looked at dad and continued. "Seriously, dad?! Are you really going to talk business on your birthday?!"

I glared at the three men staring at me with surprise.

I cannot believe that they really held a small meeting right before we have dinner. Can't it wait til after dinner? Or on Monday? Geez... I know these three owns a big company but can't they have a life outside of it? Why do they always bring their work with them?

"You're hangry?" Nick asked me and walked towards me.

"We all are. If you don't want me to make a scene tonight then let's go. I'm hungry and I can't stand to see my son salivating over a fried chicken. Let's go!" I opened the door and waited for them, I didn't know if I rendered them speechless because of my outburst because they stayed rooted on their place.

"MOVE!" I raised my voice and click my finger. Thankfully they all abide me and walked out of the study.

Nick put his arm around me but I removed it harshly. I glared at him and walked immediately to the dinning room.

I was hungry, so don't blame me for being grumpy.

When we entered the dining room, the whole room erupted with happy birthdays from Jowee, Erin, Neil, and Sky. Dad apologized for making them wait and we started eating dinner.

Dad sat in the middle while me and Zac took a seat on the sides of the table. Dylan was seated between me and Nick while Jowee sat beside him.

Erin hesitated to sit beside Zac but she didn't have any choice because the other two chairs were now occupied by Neil and Sky. Also the plates was equally placed in fours on both side of the table. Our side was already full so she has to sit on the other side.

Nope, we didn't plan it. Jowee and I were way too hungry to play cupid between them.

I was putting his silicon food bib around his neck when he spoke excitedly.

"Happy birthday, Gwanpa. Can we eat now?" Dad chuckled.

"Yes we can eat now. I'm sorry little man." Dad apologized and passed me the pasta to give Dylan.

"It's okay, gwanpa, it's okay. Mommy, can I have chicken first? Pwease." Everyone laughed at his cuteness and Lorna immediately served him the fried chicken.

The rest of the dinner went well for us, I just don't know if the two people in front of me enjoyed it. Obviously something happened between them and I will find out what it was tonight.

After dinner, dad called Dylan to play with him. I was following them when Jowee grabbed me to the patio.

"Livy, have spoken to Adolph?" She whispered when we arrived at the patio.