Chapter 29

Olivia North

Nick showed me around his hometown, his school, his favorite diner where he used to be a part time waiter, the playground where he had his first kiss and the lake where he used to spend a whole lot of his teenage time whenever he wanted to be alone. We made out a lot there until Esme called telling us that we need to be in their house in 30 minutes because dinner will be ready.

Good thing I brought my handy-dandy cute little travel makeup so I can touch up and conceal all the naughtiness we did by the lake. Today, I had a glimpse of Niccolo's childhood, from his family to his friends and to the places he used to hangout whether by himself or with his friends. It's refreshing to know that side of him because I was first introduced to the matured, responsible, and single dad. From what I grasped from the stories that his friends told me, he really was a kind and responsible man but according to them, he used to start brawls when he was in highschool. That I cannot imagine because I always see and perceive him as a patient man because of how he handles Dylan's tantrums and my attitude especially when we first met. Oh, I was such a bitch that time. I always belittle him and slap to his face that he only wants money from us and he's such a kiss ass. I snorted when I remembered his angry face when I finally pushed his buttons while having lunch at Erin's hotel.

"Someone's in a good mood, huh. Was it my doing?" Nick rested his hand on my knee as he's driving to his house.

"No. Get off your high horse, grumpy. I just remembered something." I told him and unclasped my hand to his.

"Oh really, what is it? And stop calling me grumpy or else I will kiss you whenever, wherever and whoever is around." He threatened playfully and I punched his arm.

"If you do that, I will kick you where the sun doesn't shine and I don't care whenever, wherever, and whoever sees us." I looked at him smugly and smirked.

"You know, you really are good at using my words to me and hitting me. Should I tell my family that I am a battered boyfriend?" I smiled at him and slapped his hand that's currently resting on my knee but he quickly removed it and I hit my knee instead. It hurts, both of my palm and knee, I rubbed my knee as I felt the sting from my slap and I heard Nick's laugh. This time I hit his arm again and he shut up.

"What the hell, woman. That hurts."

"Now we're even." And I laughed. He laughed too and stopped his car in front of a house.

"We're here." He stated and unbuckled his seatbelt. Uneasiness spread all over me again so before Nick can open his door, I held his arm to halt him. He looked at me smiling but then it vanished in a second when he saw my face.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He asked concerned and held my arm.

"Nick, I'm kinda nervous again. I don't know why. I'm sorry, I'm such a wuss today." I leaned on his chest and put my arms around his neck.

"No you're not. And don't be nervous, you've met all of them a while ago and just be yourself but if you really don't want to go in, we can ditch tonight's dinner and dine in to some restaurants around here." I looked at him quickly and shook my head side to side.

"Niccolo, no. We're not doing that, I just need some courage again to meet them besides I'm already here it's rude to ditch this dinner when I said yes to your mom. Also, why do I have to delay meeting everyone when we knew that meeting them inevitable, right? So no. Let me just take a deep breathe and find some courage within me." I looked at his eyes and saw admiration in them, I opened my mouth to ask him but he beat me by kissing me gently, as if I'm a fragile human being, this is the kind of kiss where you feel loved, and I like it.