Chapter 49

Olivia North

My meeting went unbelievably well today considering that Mr. Cooper was known as one of the ruthless men in the oil world. He's the same age as dad, but unlike dad, he doesn't seem to smile much, in every photo she would just stare at the camera, just like he's staring deep into your soul.

That's why when we heard from him that he's willing to discuss our proposal with him, Nikkie and I jumped happily in my office. I haven't told anyone that I was targeting to do business and have a joint venture with him to our oil division because I want to keep it a secret first.

Now that he already agreed, we will finalize the proposal and scheduled the signing the same.

I was beaming when Nikkie and I arrived at the lobby.

"Nikkie, Jones will drive you back to the office, I will just have lunch with Niccolo and later we'll finalize everything, okay." I said cheerfully and she smiled at me widely and hopped inside the Bentley.

I, on the other hand, hopped in my newly bought McLaren 720s in maroon. I just bought this last week when I got to closed the deal with Sanjay Gupta.

After I gave my car to the valet, I went straight up to Nick's floor to ask him to have lunch with me.

I passed by Edna and she said that Nick's in his office, I looked at Didith's cabin and saw that it was empty. Maybe she and Nick are discussing something so I listened first before knocking. They may be discussing something important and I didn't want to disturb them.

But I heard Nick shouted, "ENOUGH! Don't you fucking dare to compare yourself to her, Cassandra. You're nothing compared to her. You're just an envious and insecure woman. So don't you fucking think that I will cheat on her with you because I love her so much and between Olivia and you, she's way more attractive and above you. So get lost!"

I was gobsmacked when I heard Niccolo say that he loves me. It was true, he really was in love with me. Oh my God. I want to cry... Wait, was I dreaming?

I pinched my arm and groaned when I felt it. Oh my God, it's true, he loves me!! He really loves me!

But Cassandra? Cassandra who? Don't tell me it's the bitch? I opened the door and I saw her caressing Nick's cheek. I saw red and went to her directly.

I slapped her with all the force in my body. She wasn't expecting it that's why she fell on her butt. But I wasn't done with her, I grabbed her hair to stand her up and spoke.

And what did she say? I ruined her life? How the hell did I ruin her life and what the fuck was she talking about that I was not who I really am. What? Do I have persona? What the fuck was this bitch was talking about? 

When she left the room, Nick immediately tried to explain himself but I remembered what I heard a while, that he loves me. So I didn't let him finish his explanation and kissed him immediately.

I was going to say I love him but instead of saying it, I said I trusted him. Which was true, I trust him way before I've fallen in love with him. That's why I never get jealous whenever she's talking with some girls.

Yes I got mad when someone's flirting with him but it doesn't mean I was jealous, I was just being territorial. I can it in Nick's eyes that whenever I was with him, he never looked at anyone but me. He never even acknowledged all the subtle flirtations that women gave him. If he ever noticed it, he will dismissed it immediately by hugging or kissing me. Telling them that he's already taken by me.

After that incident, I immediately called Sanjay and warned him to not let Cassandra handle their partnership with Knights, Inc., a I have said to the bitch, I did not tell Sanjay what she did to Nick because I know that he will fire her in no time. So instead of telling him what happened, I told him just the vague part of it.