Chapter 20

Niccolo Knights

I was focused on driving when I heard a light snore beside me. I looked at the passenger seat and saw Olivia sleeping peacefully. Even when she's sleeping with her slightly opened mouth, she still looks very beautiful.

Tonight I saw another part of her which was her dedication. Even when she was too knackered from her flight, she still attended the party and tried to finish it. At first I thought that she will be very difficult to handle tonight because I remembered the night of our second meeting, she also came from Dubai, she had an angry temperament and was already horn-mad when we saw her in the kitchen with Bethany. She also went ballistic when we informed her about the presscon. But tonight, she was shockingly friendly to everyone and extra sweet to me. I just hope that it's not the exhaustion that's making her do the latter.

Speaking of exhaustion, I thought that she will pass out because of it. All throughout the party I assisted her and kept asking her if she wanted to go home and take a rest but she kept on telling me that she's fine when it's clear in her face that she's fighting off the fatigue she's feeling.

As the emcee invited everyone to dance, I thought that it's a perfect time for us to go but Jowee, her best friend, forced us to dance. At first I was annoyed because a little because I wanted to take Olivia home, but as we started dancing, I was quite stupefied when she placed both of her arms around my neck and the electricity in my body awoken when Olivia leaned her head onto my chest. My heart beat so fast I hoped she couldn't hear or feel it. Her body fit mine perfectly, as if it was molded to fit me. I could not think straight but when I felt that there was a possibility that she might fell asleep while dancing, I told her seriously that I will drive her home right after we danced. I thought that she will disagree again but she surprised me when she agreed.

Surprised. That's what I always felt these days when I was with her. Everything that I knew, heard, and read about her was toppled down with the way she acted. First, her actions and patience with Dylan. Second, the way she smiled and talked to people with respect. Third, her introducing herself as my girlfriend. And lastly, her kind words, actions and her playful attitude towards me. It's as if she's a whole different person not the infamous Olivia North, she was never mean nor rude to me at all.

When Tony asked me to come to their company to discuss our deal, I was so excited because I've been wanting to see the feisty heiress. Even though she's not the one I was meeting with, I thought maybe I could give her a quick visit. But fate was being good to me, I happened to spend time with her that day.

When she told me that I should give myself credit for all my successes, for being Dylan's dad and for all the hard work I poured in the company, I just wanted to kiss her senselessly and make her feel my gratitude to her but then I heard her cleared her throat. I thought that it's time to use her words at her. As usual, Olivia wouldn't be Olivia if she wouldn't retaliate by hitting me.

After Tony and I finalized our deal, we went to Zac's office, we saw Olivia standing in front of Zac fuming in anger, her right palm rested on the table while her index finger pointed at him threatening him about the things that he's doing to her. Man, she was really sexy whenever she gets angry and it's been awhile also since I saw her feisty side, I've missed it actually. After she stormed off of the room, Tony asked Zac what happened. He told us that she will be the one to attend the Distillery Night but Tony spoke that she will be landing on Dubai on the same day so he should cut her some slack. But Zac was adamant to let her attend the party because she needed it and I will be there to take care for her. I voiced my opinion that it's fine by me to be her partner but I don't think it's necessary for her to attend given her situation. However, Zac still stood his ground and told us that he's the one who's in-charge to train Olivia so he has the last say. After that, we talked about the deal again.