Chapter 19

Olivia North

I was infuriated by my insensitive brother. What did he think of me? A robot? I know he has a point about me mingling and strengthening my connections with other businessmen, I get it, I swear. Those events were really a great platform in adding your connections in business world but shouldn't I attend other events instead? I don't want to attend the Distillery Night for two reason, one is because I know I will be exhausted hence the second reason, I won't be as beautiful and fresh as I would be. Zac, just you wait, I will get my payback soon.

I huffed and sat on my chair. I turned on my computer to check my emails, then I heard a knock. I looked at the door and saw Nikkie's head popped in.

"Ms. North, Eddie and Mike from the textile division are here to discuss about the production next week." Nikkie informed me and I nodded to her.

"Let them in, I want you also here to take notes." I told her seriously.

"Yes, ma'am." she said, she nodded to her left and gestured to the two to come in while she gets her notes.

"Good afternoon, Ms. North." the two said in unison.

"Afternoon, take a sit." I ordered them as I pointed the chairs in front of me. Nikkie went in with her notes and sat on the couch, ready to take notes.

"So, what is it that you wanted to discuss?" I asked in a business tone and with a face void of emotion.

"It's about the production, miss. As per the report, we have accounted that we'll be a little short of production next week." Mike said in nervous tone.

"In terms of percentage, how short are we?" I asked looking straight into Mike's eyes. I saw him gulp and I know that this will just add up to my boiling anger.

"Roughly 40%, Ms. North, but we are..."

I slammed my left hand on the table.

"40%?! How did this happen? I can clearly remember that when we had our monthly meeting last 2 weeks ago, you," I pointed my index finger at him and continued, "said that we'll reach a maximum of 120% production this month. Explain to me how did this happen!" I said in a dangerously calm tone. But I guess he can see the anger in my eyes.

"It's because in this document." he started to explain and handed me a report but I tossed it lightly to the side.

"I said explain." I glared at him.

"Apologies, Ms. North. As I was saying, what made us short in producing the cloth was because of the technical problems we had in the factory, one of the machines overheat. We already called a technician to fix the machine but after three days, it overheat again and after they fix it, they tried to start it again but the machine won't operate. We've consulted about the machine and the technician told us that it malfunctioned because of the old age." he explained carefully assessing my reaction.

"So we already have 60% produced. How many did we promise to deliver to Mr. Cheng?" I asked, please be near 60%, I hoped.

"3,000 cloths, Ms. North, and that is the 55% of the 60%." Eddie told me.

"So we still have 5%, which are our clients that we can persuade or propose to a staggered delivery this month?" I asked him and he handed me a list and he enumerated 5 clients at me. I nodded and told him to email them that due to technical mishap, we would be proposing a staggered delivery this month but we rest assured them that next month we'll be back to our normal operations.

"and you, Mike, I want you to inspect the factory tomorrow and coordinate with our head engineer there. Send me a report what needs to be replaced and look for a repla..." I was cut by a loud ringing of a phone, I frowned because the ringtone was irritating so I ordered them to find it.