Chapter 13

Olivia North

I am currently on my way to McAfee hotel, where the presscon will be held today. The hotel was owned by Erin's family and was now managed by his two sisters. Erin did not want to take part in their business because she wanted to be a writer. Luckily, her parents did not take it against her and supported her dream.

"We're here." I heard Jones simply said and went out to open my door. I stepped out of the car and looked at him sadly. He smiled and gave me a reassuring nod just like a father gives to her daughter when she's about to have her first job interview. I took a deep breath and went inside the lobby.

I saw Belle, my PA, sitting on one of the couches in the lobby with her laptop on. I assume she's waiting for me so I walked to her.

"Fancy seeing you here." I joked and she jolted because I startled her.

"Livy, I told you to stop doing that. Oh hi, Jones." she said while she shut her laptop and stood up to face me. Jones gave him a firm nod.

I smiled at her and clutched my left arm to her right and led the way to the lift. "So, I surmise that dad called you to be here. What does he want?" I asked.

I know that dad's expecting me to be on an apeshit mode today so he called everyone he knew who can maintain my mood, awhile ago, Jones and now, Belle. If you're wondering why I didn't make Belle my secretary in the office, it's because she's the one who's in charge to take care of the charities as well as my personal stuff such as paying for my taxes, leases, credit cards, and the like. Yes, I put my 100% trust in her because I know she won't betray me and she's like a family to me same as Jones and Lorna.

"Apparently, your dad wants you to be in great condition." she said while pressing the penthouse floor. I furrowed my brows and asked why we're going to the penthouse because I was told that the conference rooms are located in the 4th and 5th floor of the hotel.

"Oh yeah right. You're father wants to see you first, so we booked room the penthouse. Niccolo is already there, he just arrived 10 minutes ago. I must admit, he looked so hot and handsome, you sure are lucky to have him, right Jones." she winked at me.

I heard Jones chuckled.

I rolled my eyes at her and looked at my reflection on the lift's door to check myself. I straightened my hair today and parted it in the middle, as for my makeup, I put light makeup and a peachy brown lipstick. Today, I opted to wear a white sleeveless blazer dress with gold buttons and partnered it with my YSL strapped heels. To top it all, I was using my Hermés Himalayan Birkin in medium. All in all, I look so elegant.

"Stop checking yourself out, Adonis. You're beautiful, ok." Belle stated and I laughed because she just compared me to the Greek mythology's most handsome man.

The elevator dinged signalling us that we've arrived the floor. Belle went out first. My mood dropped again and I didn't make a move.

"Livy? Let's go." Jones said cautiously behind me. I looked at him with my eyes pleading him to save me. I heard a sigh and felt Belle's hand pulling my right arm. I faced her and saw sadness in her eyes too.

"You have to do this. You can do this." she said as she pulled me out of the lift. I hugged her and uttered, "For the children and elders." With that, I released the hug and went to the room.

I knocked and the door was opened by Lorna. I knew it. I knew she will be here too. She smiled at me and informed me that dad and Niccolo is at the room's parlour. She asked me if I need something to eat or drink but I told her that I'm fine. I walked inside the room and saw Niccolo Knights standing by the floor to ceiling window, typing something on his phone. He's wearing a white dress shirt without a tie and the first two buttons was left unbuttoned, he topped it with a blue blazer and it's matching blue dress pants. I must say, Belle was not lying about him being handsome.