Enemies

C H A P T E R  4BEOMGYU'S POV

C H A P T E R  4
BEOMGYU'S POV

"Gosh, this shit is stressing me out," I said in frustration.

Mathematics. It's frustrating me. Why do I even need to learn this? I don't even dream or even have the plan to become a professional mathematician.

I heard the librarian shushed me, and it just made my eyes roll.

"How poor of you." I heard a voice on my right that annoyed me so much.

"What the fuck are you doing here Ryujin?" I said and sighed, closing my eyes in annoyance.

I hate her a lot. I've been enduring her personality since we became neighbors, and it has already been ten long years since that happened.

I highly dislike her personality. She is just annoying AF. She says whatever she wants to you. She's savagely honest with everything, and I hate it.

"Duh, it's the school library. What else am I going to do here? Dance?" She said and hissed.

I groaned in annoyance and slammed my head on the Math book in front of me.

"That shit won't help you on studying," She said, and I looked at her with weak eyes.

"Do you think I'm stupid to not know that?" I said and rolled my eyes.

"Well, you look stupid," She said and continue to read her book.

Her legs were crossed while sitting, and I accidentally saw the fabric under her skirt. I suddenly felt my cheeks burning. Why the fuck does this school let girls wear short skirts.

"You pervert." I felt a book slammed my head lightly, and I knew Ryujin did that.

"It was a fucking accident!" I shouted.

"Language, Mister Choi, and be quiet!" The librarian said in a quiet shout.

"What the hell. You're studying basic calculus?" Ryujin asked me.

"It's none of your business," I said and slammed the book shut.

"Dude, we've been learning that since we were in junior high school. We're already seniors, and you still don't get that?" She asked insultingly.

"Well, I'm not a nerd like you," I said.

I crossed my arms on my chest and leaned back on the chair.

"I'm a hot ass nerd then," She said.

"Fuck you," I said, showing my middle finger to her.

She stood up from her chair and walked towards me.

"I can help you with that if you want," She said.

"Shut up. I don't need your help," I said and opened the book once more and tried to understand every explanation in the book.

"Suffer then," she said and walked towards the librarian to return the book she borrowed and left, finally.

She's so annoying. I can't even explain how annoying she is.

I feel like my mind's going to explode. I'm reviewing for a Math exam tomorrow, and I can't understand what I'm learning.

Why am I not blessed with a brain like that nerd Ryujin?

I slightly opened the curtains to see if that nerd is still awake. Yep, she is. She's wearing her PJs. Her hair is tied up in a bun, and she's wearing her glasses. She's also studying.

Why is she studying? She doesn't even need that. She's already intelligent—wait. Why am I suddenly complementing that nerd on my thoughts?

I was thinking about what she told me earlier that she could help me with my studies.

"Fuck this." I badly need her help right now.

I opened my window and threw a crumpled paper on her window. Don't worry I'm not littering. The paper will go straight down to their dumpster.

I threw five more crumpled papers on her window and noticed that she has AirPods on her ears.

Nothing will happen to me here by just throwing these on her window if she's wearing her AirPods.

I'll just go to her house then. I changed my clothes and told my parents that I'll be going to Shin's residence, and they just nodded. They don't even care about me anyway, so I left my house.

I rang the doorbell, and Ryujin's mom invited me in. Their house is cozy AF. I sat on the couch, and Mrs. Shin gave me a cup of tea.

I badly wanted to lie down on the couch and close my eyes to relax, but that would be a rude action. I'm not like their daughter. Plus, Mr. Shin was also sitting on the couch beside me.

He looked at me from head to toe while I was sipping on the tea that Ryujin's mom gave me.

"What's your name again?" Mr. Shin asked.

"Beomgyu. Choi Beomgyu. I live next to your house Sir," I said. Mr. Shin nodded and looked at me once again from head to toe.

Is something wrong with me or something?

"So...are you my daughter's boyfriend?"

I almost choked and spilled the tea all over the floor when I heard Mr. Shin's question to me.

I cleared my throat to answer his question. "No Sir," I said.

"So, who is my daughter to you?" He asked.

What should I answer? The most annoying girl—no, Person I've ever met in my entire life!

"Friend." I heard Ryujin's voice. She was standing on one of the steps of the stairs.

She walked towards me and looked up at my face.

"Cause I would never date a jerk," She whispered.

I wanted to shout and argue with her that I'm not a jerk, but I don't want her parents to kick me out of their house. I badly need this nerd's help now.

I just glared at her and smiled at Mr. Shin.

"Okay then," Mr. Shin said, and he and Mrs. Shin went upstairs.

When they were nowhere in sight, Ryujin immediately shoots me with her question.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She asked.

"What a nice way to greet a visitor," I said and sipped on my cup of tea.

"Why would I greet you? You're not even welcome here." She said and sat on the couch.

She crossed her arms on her chest, and I put the cup on their sofa table.

"Look. I fucking need your help right now because I couldn't understand the worst academic subject in the world, which is Math. It's hard, and you're the only one that I know who's undeniably great at it. So. I need your help."

She raised an eyebrow at me and chuckled.

"Why do you have to curse all the time?" She asked and walked towards the stairs.

"You're not going to h-help me?" I asked hesitantly.

"I'm not heartless, Choi. I'll go and get my things." She said and went upstairs.