Last Moments

C H A P T E R  2 7

C H A P T E R  2 7

CHAERYEONG

I'm here inside a hospital room, with a sad aura surrounding it. We were all silent. Thoughts coming inside of our heads, thinking what would happen next.

I looked at Yuna who was still crying because of regret. She could've saved her boyfriend, but she couldn't. Now, she's in pain.

"Seriously, why are you all sad?" Ryujin spoke. She seriously ruined the whole mood.

"Seriously Ryu. We can't be happy while Yuna's still crying," I said.

"It's not like he died," Ryujin whispered, and I just sighed, so as the two boys with us.

Kai was just in bed, and we're still waiting for him to wake up. It's been a day now since that incident happened to the young ones. I can tell Yuna's very traumatized.

We just got back from school, and we went straight here to the hospital. We wanted to comfort Yuna, and the boys came with us.

"Stop crying Yuna. He'll wake up soon," Beomgyu said, and she wiped her tears off from her face.

"Y-Yuna..." We all turned our heads to Kai, and saw that he just woke up!

"Kai?" Yuna was shocked and happy, to see him awake. Kai spreads his arms wide, and Yuna immediately hugged him tightly. Kai groaned as he felt a bit of pain on where he was shot.

"Oh. I'm sorry," Yuna said, and smiled brightly at Kai.

"Next time, try to dodge the bullet!" Yuna smacked Kai's arm lightly, and he pretended that it hurt him.

"No, trash that. Don't fight ever again!" Yuna scolded Kai once more. Ryujin and I looked at each other and smiled. They're so cute.

"Alright alright," Kai calmly said and smiled at Yuna.

"Love you," He said. Oh gosh.

"Love you—" Yuna was about to respond, but Ryujin cut her off. "Okay, we better go now. Stay safe you two. Don't get into trouble again" Ryujin said as she walks towards the door, dragging Beomgyu with her.

We followed them and waved goodbye to the young couple. I hope they'll be together forever. They look so good together.

We got out of the hospital, and I turned around to face Ryujin, who was hugging Beomgyu tight.

"Ryu, you were so bitter about the young couple saying 'i love you's to each other, but here you are doing PDA with your boyfriend," I told her, and she just smiled in response.

"We're leaving now. Bye guys," Beomgyu said, and both of them walked away first. I stood there in front of the hospital with Taehyun. He was just silent. That's weird. He's usually talkative.

"Hey!" I said, and he was startled. What? I'm just in front of him.

"Oh. I'm sorry, I was just thinking about something," He said and smiled at me. What was that? I thought that I just let it slide for now. We walked together holding each other's hands.

"Where are we going anyway?" I asked him.

"Let's go to an arcade karaoke?" He suggested and Immediately said yes. I feel free whenever I sing with him, and I hope this relationship will last forever.

We finally arrived at the place, and we got into the karaoke room. Taehyun looked really weird. He's not him today, and it's making me worry so much.

TAEHYUN

I couldn't focus.

I couldn't focus on a single word Chae was singing. I was supposed to appreciate her talent, and enjoy this moment with her. Classes are going to end, and I'm overthinking about leaving the country.

I don't want to leave her at all. I want to be with her all summer. All my life actually, but my mom badly wants us to leave the country, and I don't want to ruin that dream of hers just for me, but I also don't want to break my girlfriend's heart.

I promised her before. I promised that I would stay with her, but here I am, about to leave her, and we'll be miles apart.

"So Taehyun please just
Stay with me
It goes a little something like

Lalalalalala~"

She was singing Blackpink's song "Stay". She even told me to stay. Oh goodness. It's so hard to tell her that I'm going to leave after the end of this school year.

"Taehyun!" She shouted using the microphone. I immediately covered my ears because it was too loud.

"What's wrong Tae?" She asked, and sat beside me. She held my hand and looked straight into my eyes. I just can't lie. I can't. Not to her.

"Tell me. Come on," She said. He was worried. I looked down, telling myself to not let the tears fall. Not now.

"It's nothing..." I said.

"Look at me," She said. I ignored her. "Kang Taehyun. I said look at me," She said it again, and I finally obliged.

"Tell me what's wrong. I'll listen." You can listen, but I know you wouldn't like this information I'm about to tell you.

"Are you cheating on me?" She asked, and furrowed her eyebrows. My eyes widened at what she just said, and laughed so hard. Goodness out of all the reasons why would she think of that.

"Goodness Chae. There's no one better than you. I won't ever do that to you, or else your dad will freaking kill me," I said, and she sighed in relief.

"I thought you were. So, why are you frowning like that? Finals exam results?" She asked.

"Y-Yeah it's that" I stuttered. What a liar Taehyun.

"Gosh Taehyun. Don't worry about that too much. For now, let's have fun!" She said and gave me the microphone. I sang with her, and both of us were having fun. Well, I was quite having fun. The thought of leaving her won't leave my mind.

I guess I'll just tell her next time. When I finally have the courage to tell her.