Brothers

C H A P T E R  1 7LIA'S POV

C H A P T E R  1 7
LIA'S POV

Our classes dismissed, and it was just 3 in the afternoon. So, I decided to go to the nearest coffee shop to cool my head off. The midterms are finally done. I've done so much studying for the past few weeks. I deserve a reward here.

As I was walking away from the university, my phone rang.

엄마 (MOM)
ANSWER        DECLINE

I looked down to the ground, hesitant to answer her call.

엄마 (MOM)
ANSWER

"Lia sweetie?" She said with what sounds like a scared voice.

"Mom"

"So, I heard you finished your midterms today?" She asked.

"Yes" I answered.

"I'm here in front of your school. I shall take you to the mall, and buy you some stuff that you love!"

I sighed. I didn't want to turn down her invite. It's not because of the things that I'll get frm here, it's because she's still my mother even though I hate her.

"Sure. I'll be there in a minute. I'm hanging up" I ended the call, and looked up. Preventing my tears to fall down.

"Aish. Choi Jisu, you're so annoying" I said to myself. Stomping my right foot on the ground.

It's confusing though, she never asked me out after exams before. She just asks me out every graduation or recognition day. Well, I guess she's just doing her keeping up thing with me again.

She waved her hands at me. She was leaning on the driver's seat door, and she was smiling at me. The kind of smile, that doesn't look genuine at all. She's wearing a white coat on top of a black top, with matching white pencil skirt, and white stilettos. Of course, I have great taste in fashion, and I got it from her.

"Lia sweetie!" She said, and kissed my cheeks. That's wierd. She's not this sweet at all. She's usually quiet.

We arrived at the mall, and she made me shop clothes, and all the things that I want and need. I didn't want to buy much, but she kept on picking out clothes for me, and ended up buying all of those. I had all the stationary stuff that I needed for school, and that's what's really important for me. Everything will just be delivered to my dorms again.