Surf Surf Crazy • JJ

1733 word count

Y/N's P.O.V

     "That's exactly what I told her!" I heard JJ yell, followed by a laughs and giggles from the group.   "Y/n what are you looking at?" I heard my brother Topper say as he followed my gaze. "Pogues ain't shit" Rafe says sipping his beer.

"Shut up!" I yell at him. The kooks look at me startled by my sudden outburst. "Whatever I'm going surfing" I say getting up and grabbing my board. Surfing was a pogue sport, I know.

I just could never find myself go a day without surfing. It was freeing. Whenever one of the boys would piss me off I would surf.  I headed to the water and started paddling. Every now and then I would sneak quick glances at the pogues.

I wanted what they had. I wanted friends not just fake ones. I wanted to go on adventures. I wanted to have people to surf with. They weren't too far from the kooks maybe a few feet. Although, it was far enough so they wouldn't start a stupid fight.

JJ's P.O.V

I looked out into the water and saw the beautiful blue waves crashing over one another. I saw someone surfing which was unusual since it was usually just us surfing. I squinted my eyes and saw it was no other than Y/n Thornton.

"JJ" I heard my friends snapping out of my gaze. "Sorry" I respond quickly. I didn't even realize I was staring. The groups looks out into the water and sees Y/n as well. "Hey, she's pretty good!" Pope says as we all watching her ride the ocean with no problems what so ever.

"She's a kook, meaning she is probably stuck up" John B says. We all nod in agreements and continue our conversation.

Y/n P.O.V

I had been surfing for a while now and I got bored. I decided I was gonna do a trick I had never tried before. I was going to ride the wave up and fly in the air and come back down the opposite way.

I started getting ready doing small versions of it waiting for the biggest wave.

JJ P.O.V

"What is she doing?" I asked. They all look at Y/n. "It looks like she is about to ride it up" John B says with wide eyes. "Does she want to get herself killed?" Kiara asks laughing.

"Especially in these waters with the storm coming, it can't end well" Pope says shaking his head.

Topper's P.O.V

"Y/n stop your gonna get hurt!" I yell. "Let her do what she is doing Top" Kelce says pulling me down. I pull from his grasp.

Y/n P.O.V

I saw the biggest wave coming up. I wasn't sure if I was gonna be able to do the trick on it but what's life without a bit danger.

I got ready and took a deep breath once the wave was close enough. I went for it. By the time I knew it I had to be at least ten to fifteen feet in the air. "Holy shit" I whispered. I heard yells and cheers from the group as I landed perfectly, successfully riding the wave to the shore.

I got greeted by hugs and high fives. "Damn Y/n that was amazing!" I hear Sarah cheer. "Atta girl!" Rafe says high-fiving me. "Don't ever do that to me again" Topper says laughing almost having a heart attack.