Shooting Star • Pope

Prompt: "Shooting star. Make a wish." - Pope
This one is extremely short mainly because the next JJ one is going to be longer!🤍

Y/n's P.O.V

"I've always wanted to go skinny dipping" I said turning to the boy. "You're insane y/n, do you know that" he replies trying to hide a smile but failing.

"Thank you for doing this babe" "Of course, anything for you" he said smiling.

I looked around finally taking in the surroundings.

Pope had set up a few blankets and pillows in the back of his dads pick up truck as we just gazed at the open night sky above.

"Sometimes I wish I could just.." I started as I reached my hand up grabbing nothing but thin air. "Catch a falling star" I finish as I laid back down.

"They are actually balls of burning-" "Shh baby don't ruin it" I said putting my finger to his lips.

"Sorry" he mutters quickly.

"It's beautiful" ever since I was a little girl I found myself fascinated with the endless sky of gleaming stars.

I turn to look at Pope to see he was already staring at me. A blush quickly creeped up my cheeks as I look back up.

"Look!" I said excitedly pointing up.
"Shooting star. Make a wish." he told me as I closed my eyes. I had everything I dreamed of already.

Sure I didn't have all the money in the world or best family to top it off.

But I did have friends who I wouldn't trade for the world and the best boyfriend any girl could ever ask for.

I opened my eyes. "What did you wish for?" he asked.

"Well if I tell you it wouldn't come true, now would it?" I said tapping the side of my nose.

"Well aren't you full of mysteries y/f/n y/l/n" "I am".

"Imagine if the sky was like this all the time" I told the boy as I leaned into his chest as his hands wrapped securely around my waist.

"I wish you weren't so easy to fall in love with" I heard him say quietly. The short phrase making my head turn.

His eyes locked on mine. "I love you" I told him. "I love you more angel" He replied as we both enjoyed the comfortable silence that fell upon us.

Nothing but the endless sky of stars surrounding us.

Really short but really cute lol! I hope you guys liked this one love y'all bye!🤍