Real Friends • OBX

(Put where to play song)

919 word count

Y/n's P.O.V

I looked to my phone once I heard the familiar ding. I grabbed it and checked to see I got a message from the kooks:

Daddy's Money GC

Top
Party @8pm

Kelce
My house🥳

Sarah
Y/n you're coming, right?

Y/n
Yea for sure!

Rafe
Perfect! See you then:)

I threw my phone on my bed as I went into my closet trying to decide what to wear. I eventually decided to wear a white crop too with black ripped shorts.

I gave one last look in the mirror before walking down stairs.

"Hey mom, I'm heading out" I yell. "Be safe" she replies as I walk out the door. The cool breeze hit me blowing my hair back.

I decided to walk since I lived pretty close to Kelce's house.

I could hear the music booming before his house came into view. I continued to walk a few houses down until I reached his.

*play song*

I walked in letting the aroma of alcohol and drugs hit me. Smelled exactly like I expected. "Y/n" I hear Sarah squeal and she pulls me into a hug.

The kooks have be extra nice to me recently. Why? Well I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Let's go get a drink" she said smirking as she pulled me to where bottles were set up. She poured herself a cup of coke, as she told me she didn't want to drink tonight.

We walked outside the house which was even more crowded than the inside. "Y/n" Sarah says as I turn around to be met with a cold splash of coke drenching me and my clothes.

"What the fuck Sarah" I say wiping my eyes obviously angry. "Opps, boys I think she needs to be cleaned up" She says smirking as I felt a few muscular arms carry me and throw me into the pool that was below.

I gasped as I rise above the water. The anger I once had was replaced with embarrassment. I quickly got out of the pool running out the front door outside.

I was soaking wet while mascara ran down my face mixing with my tears. I sat on an empty patch of sand looking into the never ending waters.

The wind blew past me making me shiver. I pulled my knees up to my chest as I sobbed. I was nothing but nice to them. I never did anything to upset them I guess in the end I just didn't fit in.

"Are you okay?" I hear as footsteps came walking behind me. "Yeah I'm fine" I said looking up to be met with four teenagers.

"You don't look fine come with us we will get you cleaned up" the girl known as Kiara said pushing her hand towards me.

I knew who they were. Pogues. I mean who didn't. I never really understood the rivalry between the kooks and pogues, though I never really did anything .

I let her lead me into a small house that wasn't too far away. "Here" John B said handing me a shirt that was probably going to fit me way to big. "The shower is to the left" JJ said pointing in the direction.

"Thank you" I said giving them a weak smile. "Why are you being so nice to me? After all I'm a kook" I say pushing my wet hair past my ears.

"Because we are human y/n, we know how you feel" Pope said putting his hand on my shoulder reassuringly. I nod as I purse up my lips to a single line and walk towards the shower.

I lock the door and turn to be met with my reflection. I looked horrible to say the least. I was soaking wet, my mascara was running down my cheeks, and my eyes were red from crying.

I stripped down my clothes and went into the shower.

Once I was done I put the shirt John B gave me and put my undergarments which were thankfully dried by now. The shirt fit to below my knees so you couldn't tell I didn't have shorts on.

I walked out and see the group talking. "Hey" Kiara says standing up leading me to the couch. "Need anything?" John B asks. I shake my head no as I look down.

"Want to talk about it?" Kiara asked wrapping her arm around me. "I thought they were my friends" I said as I could feel the tears begin to stream down my face.

"What happened?" JJ asked curiously. "I went to a party, Sarah threw a drink at me, and the boys threw me in the pool as they all laughed" I said wiping my tears and taking a deep breath.

I looked up to see JJ clench his jaw. "Those aren't real friends" Pope said softly. "Tell me about it" I said lightly chuckling.

"Well if it makes you feel any better. We are here now." John B says giving me a smile. "You don't have to" I said brushing the hair out of my face.

"We want to y/n. You seem like a really cool person." JJ said. "Thanks JJ" I said looking at him. "Trust me with us you'll have some real friends" Kiara said smiling.

Hope you guys enjoyed this one! I got inspired by the song "Real Friends" by Camila Cabello! Vote and Comment it means a lot! Love you! 🤍