As long as I have you • JJ

(I put when to play the song if you want lol just ignore the fact that it's a disney song lmao)

1260 word count

Y/n's P.O.V

I wiped my hand across my forehead. I was freaking out. "Hey girly" Kie says hugging me walking into my room. "Hi" I reply tapping my foot on the wooden floor. "Don't be so nervous the others won't be here till an hour you can practice on me" She says giving me a weak smile.

I nod at her carefully as I get my guitar. I was a singer and song writer. I wasn't a famous or well known one. I just loved to sing and write songs and perform them to Kiara.

Today was JJ's and mine one year anniversary so I decided to write a song for him. JJ knew I could sing and play the guitar and that wasn't why I was nervous. I was scared he wasn't gonna like it or maybe think that it was too much.

I put my heart and soul into this song. It took me a long while to get it perfect. I start strumming the chords looking up at her every now and then.

I finished and she had the biggest grin on her face. "Y/n that was amazing!" She said squealing. "Thanks" I tell her laughing. "He is gonna love it" she said reassuringly putting her hand on top of mine.

I nod slowly and put my guitar back on the wall. I started playing with my fingers trying to subside the nerves that were eating me alive.

"Maybe after you can sing to the whole group" She says slowly. I look at her with wide eyes. "I-i" I stutter.

"Come on y/n you are insanely talented and everyone knows that it wouldn't hurt to show the boys. They would love it! I know I did" She tells me trying to convince me. "Fine" I whisper.

She claps her hands excitedly smiling. "So what's going on with you and Pope" I say winking towards her trying to change the subject.

As soon as I brought it up her face turns red. "I don't know what you're talking about" She says quickly. "Shut up I'm your bestfriend you can tell me" I say hitting her shoulder.

We talked about her and Pope for a while until we heard my door open. "Hey guys" John B says smiling. I do the hand shake with the boys as they sit on my bed.

"Hey baby" JJ says kissing my cheek as he sits next to me. "Guys let's go I have to show you something" Kie says trying to pull John B and Pope out of the room. "Show what" Pope says as she drags them out closing the door.

She mouths me a good luck and I nod before standing up. "What's up" he says smiling. "Uhm" I start. "You know how today's our one year right" I say scratching the back of my head.

"Yea" JJ says grabbing my hand. It was around 10pm and JJ and I spent the whole day together. We went for a cute dinner at the wreck. We went surfing.  He bought me a necklace with both our initials on it that probably cost way more than he had. He made sure today was the best day ever for me and it really was.

And I adored him for making me feel so wanted so I couldn't wait to show him the song. I started playing with the necklace he gave me as I looked down.

"I wrote you a song" I whisper. "Wait you what?" he said shocked. "I wrote you a song" I say looking into his eyes. "Princess....let me hear it" he tells me with a grin that went from ear to ear.

I grabbed my guitar and sat down on the bed next to him as I started strumming it...

*Play the song*

I tried on my own
I thought I'd get there
Around and round
But I was only getting nowhere

I sang the lyrics smiling as I strummed the guitar.
He eyes staying glued on mine.

Then you came along and gave me something
Something that I could believe in
Trust in
And I won't go back again

I focused on the guitar. As the lyrics flowed out of my mouth it reminded me of why I fell in love with him.

As long as I have you
I can live like there's nothing left to lose
Unbreak every fracture in my heart
Nothing in this world could ever tear this love apart

I sang the best I could wanting him to listen to every word.

They say you gotta take the good with the bad
I'll take it all as long as I have you

I got into the song singing my heart out. I strum and strum not being able to feel my fingers moving. He was my rock he held me at my worst and supported me at my best. I wanted to show him how much he meant to me.

This time I want you to see the real me
I want to open up completely, deeply
I'll never be alone again

I look up at him smiling and continue singing. It made my stomach flutter at the fact that he was enjoying the song. It made me want to make sure he kept that smile on his face forever. He was my world and I didn't want him to forget that. I never wanted to lose him.

And I realize now
I'm better with you
You got here right on time
Yeah, you were my breakthrough
You are my breakthrough

As long as I have you
I can live like there's nothin left to lose
Unbreak every fracture in my heart
Nothing in this world could ever tear this love apart
They say you gotta take the good with the bad
I'll take it all as long as I have
you

I strum my guitar one last time finishing the song. "Y/n" He says softly. "Mhm". "I fell in love with you all over again" He tells me pulling me in for a hug.

"I love you so much" He whispers. "I love you too JJ" I say looking up. He leans in and kisses me. I run my hands through his hair pulling him even more.

"Hey are you almost done" Kiara says walking in. "Cockblock" JJ yells as Kiara runs away laughing.

"But y/n I loved it, it was the best thing you could have given me" he tells me kissing me passionately once again.

We walk out of my room and I see the group sitting down. "Kie said you wanted to show us something" John B said looking at me. "She did?" I say glaring at her. JJ caught on and realized it was the song.

"She wrote a song for me" JJ said smirking. I hit his shoulder and rolled my eyes. "Ouuuu can we hear it?" Pope says excitedly. I run to my room and get my guitar.

When I finished my song I looked up to see all their eyes looking at me smiling.

"Blows my mind everytime" Kie says smiling. "That was amazing" Pope says. "JJ is one lucky guy" John B says smiling. "I really am" JJ says coming up and wrapping his arms around me.

I hope you guys enjoyed this one! Vote and comment please it means a lot lol 🤍🤍