Safe Haven • John B

Prompt #4: "Shhh...you're safe I won't let you go"
- John B (@babypogue)

Y/n's P.O.V

"What are you doing?!?" I yelled freaking out. I smirk played on his lips as the sound rang threw my ears.

Before I had time to process what was happening I saw a figure jump in front of me. I flinched scared for the sudden contact but I didn't feel anything.

I open my eyes to see John B, my boyfriend, on the ground as he began to bleed out from the shot.

I quickly ran to him as I took off my flannel pushing it against his wound. I felt tears pool in my eyes as I looked at the psycho who just shot him.

"What's wrong with you?" I yelled my voice cracking as I sobbed. "He deserved it." and with that he left.

"Y/n" I hear a whisper from under me. "No no no stay awake baby it's gonna be okay I promise" I told him as my tears slipped down.

"I love you" he said shutting his eyes tight. "You're gonna make it don't close your eyes" I told him sobbing as I lied to myself.

"Say it back" he whispered. "I love you too John B" I told him giving him a weak smile. With that I saw him close his eyes as I felt the life leave his body.

"No No No!" I yelled.

I woke up being shaken. "Woah woah woah hey" John B said next to me. I looked around the room to see the familiar bedroom surrounding us.

I sighed in relief trying to calm my breathing down. I felt the tears roll down my cheeks as I hugged the boy tightly. "Are you okay?" he asked concerned.

"yes sorry just a nightmare" I said embarrassed. "Want to talk about it?" he asked stroking my hair.

"Rafe...h-he um shot you and y-you died" I said stuttered struggling to talk still clinging onto him.

"Shhh....you're safe I won't let you go" he said softly kissing my forehead. "It felt so real" "Hey i'm right here, you're not getting rid of me that easily babe" he told me smiling lightly as he wiped the tears off my face.

"I love you" I told him as we laid back down putting my head on his chest. "I love you too y/n" he said wrapping his arm around my waist.

And with that we both fell back to sleep. I didn't let him go once throughout the night scared that, the dream would become reality.

Short one but I hope you guys enjoyed! Love you guys! Vote/Comment/Give feedback!🤍