02 / His past and present

Happy reading!

||

Warning: This chapter mentions death, anxiety, depression and other sleep wake disorders.

||

"Hey, you! Stop right there!"

The security guard of the school called Jimin when he saw him crawling on the floor and trying to sneak.

Jimin immediately stood up, his body straightened when the guard walked closer to him.

"W-Why? I have a class, can I talk to you later?" He stuttered and smiled as he tried to walk away from the guard because he knew what was the reason why he called him.

"It's you again huh? Where's your I.D? You didn't swipe it on the scanner earlier. I'm not blind, I saw you." He was checking Jimin who's looking so pale. Sweats trickling down his forehead. "You know the rules of this university right? No I.D, no Entry."

Jimin shut his eyes close. That was why he doesn't want to leave the house. He felt like he left something but he couldn't remember what was it, and since he's going to be late, he just ignored it and rode the bus.

And now, he just noticed that he left his I.D at the apartment when he was about to enter the gate.

"Ahjussi, please let me pass just this once. My first subject will start in just few minutes and I can't be late!" He rubbed his palms in front if the guard and begged, but the guy didn't seem to care. "Please, please, please..."

The security guard scoffed.

"I'm just doing my job. If I let you in, our Head will get mad at me." He shook his head and took out a slip from the small bag on his waist. "Write your student number and go straight to the Director's office."

"But I'm going to be late, I don't have time to go there." He complained even more.

He might need an award winning act again but it looks like the guard won't buy it.

"No. I said what I said. Go to the Director's Office."

"Ahjussi. I'm begging you." He rubbed his palm together, poorly begging to the guy so he would pity him.

"If you don't want to go to the Director's Office, then might as well leave because I won't let you enter."

Now, Jimin doesn't have any choice but to intensify his acting into Oscar's level.

"I-I came from a very poor family. I am living on my own in a very small and cheap apartment which is hour away from this school. I am a scholar and a graduating student. I have an exam for my first subject and if I fail to take the exam today my grades will also fail, I won't be able to graduate." He wiped the corner of his eyes and looked at the guard who was just staring at him silently. He sniffed a little and lifted his head so the tears won't fall from his cheeks. "My future depends on this, and if all of that happens, I will blame you Ahjussi. Do you want that?"

The security guard didn't speak at first, still processing what the young man said to him.

"Why are you crying? I-I'm sorry, I didn't know."

"Will you be happy if you take the chance away from me to graduate in college?" Jimin added, still facing the guard, walking away slowly but he kept talking to him.

Until he got away from the first guard, but there's another one standing near the glass door and he cussed mentally because he knew he will check his I.D too. The bulky guard was about to block his way but he stopped because the guard from the gate told him something in their earpiece.