8. Trip

Next morning Hande and Hazel were going to class but in their way, they noticed extreme crowd around notice board. People were hooting, everyone was happy and excited. They went closer to have a look and found that a trip to Europe was organized, it was for students of grade 8th and higher for free, college students were also allowed to accompany them. Hande excitedly: 'Oh my god, I wanna go'.

Hazel: 'Sorry, I can't help, you need to ask mom'. She noticed Hande's fading smile and added: Ok, I'll take care of Eri if mom agr...'. Before Hazel could finish Hande called her mom, and surprisingly she got permission since Hazel agreed to take care of Eri. She was extremely happy. The whole day she kept bragging "I got permission from mom. I can't believe I am going to Europe".

After school Hazel went to see Harper as she usually does but when she reached, she saw he was standing alone near staircase, doing something in his phone. His expression was serious. Hazel went near and asked: 'Is everything ok?'

Harper lifted his head to look at her, and while putting his phone back in his pocket he replied: 'Off course not, whatever happened to you that day was because of my father. I can't believe he is such a...ehhh...' then he realized Hazel wasn't shocked. 'Hazel...' She didn't respond and kept looking down. 'Wait, you knew this. Tell me, didn't you' he shouted.

Hazel not making an eye contact replied slowly: 'Yeah, I knew this.'

Harper raising his voice: 'Why didn't you tell me then, wasn't that important'.

Hazel: 'Harper calm down'.

Harper angrily: 'What calm down? Do you know how I am feeling right now?'

Hazel in a calm and slow tone: 'Harper, listen I know I should have told you that, but you were already angry with him and I didn't want...'

Harper intervened: 'What do you mean? This all happened to you because of my dad and you didn't tell me. What the hell does that mean?' Anger was clearly visible in his voice. 'Hazel, I am asking something.'

Hazel: 'Harper, please forget it. It's all sorted now. I really don't want to be a reason of conflict between you and your father'.

Harper: 'Do you have an idea what you are saying right now. Does that even make sense? Nothing was ever good between us, because of him only. And what if he'll try to hurt you guys again'. He was pissed off.

He turned around angrily and before Hazel could say anything he went down. She yelled behind: 'Harper, Harper. Listen to me.' But he didn't turn.

Hazel went home. She was constantly calling him, but he didn't answer and next day was Saturday, there were no ways to contact him. Hazel spend the weekend helping Hande to pack her stuff as she had to leave for her trip on Monday. Hazel didn't know whether Harper was going or not, but she assumed that most probably he was because all of his friends were.

Monday evening at airport:

Harper was at airport with his friend. His gaze was stuck at the door, waiting for Hazel. He was tip toeing, then he saw Hande entering. Koraaye waved and proceed towards her, Harper also got up and went to Hande. Harper: 'Hande, where's Hazel?'

Hande with a confused expression: 'Didn't she told you she isn't coming. She'll stay with Eri.'

Monday night at Hazel's house:

Hazel was sitting on her sofa, randomly changing channels. Eri was in her room. Suddenly bell rang. She wasn't expecting anyone, she got up lazily, switched off the tv and went to the door. She peeped through the hole and saw Harper standing there. She turned around amazed; the whole house was a mess. And she herself was a big mess. She ran to her room grabbed a lipstick from her dressing table and quickly applied it, her hair was still tied up in a messy bun but was looking good in a black top with trousers. She hurried and opened the door: 'How come are you here? I thought you might have gone.'