19.HELP

Since the day when Hazel's biggest nightmare became reality when her family background was exposed, she was having problems in sleeping, and to add on that her work schedule was tight, she was attending events daily to promote her new film. Finally today she got a break from her hectic routine. She was sleeping on the bed when her phone buzzed. She answered it without bothering to open her eyes: 'Hello, who's this?'

Hazel's Mom: 'Hazel, this is me. Can you please do me a favor?'

Hazel opened her eyes and started: 'Mom, whenever you talk like this. You always say something bad'.

Mom: 'Baby, please calm down and listen to me first. Go and meet your stepmom'.

Hazel screeched: 'Not at all, are you serious'.

Mom: 'She has been calling me for the last 2 hours continuously, she wants to meet you. She said she has something urgent to discuss with you'.

Hazel: 'To me? Huh...I am not going ... Not at all.'

'Hazel, baby. Please just for 5 min, she is getting on my nerves now, I really don't wanna talk to her. I have already blocked I don't know how many numbers but you know how she is.. she is using her staff's phone to call me' mom requested.

Hazel: 'No... I also don't wanna talk to her'.

Mom: 'I'll make you all your favorite dishes'

Hazel: 'Mom... Am I a kid?'

Mom: 'I will take you shopping'.

Hazel: 'I can go myself'.

Mom: 'I won't force you to attend any business meetings or parties for...er.....aa....for next 1 month'.

Hazel: '6 months'.

Mom: '3 months'.

Hazel excitedly: 'Done.' Mom: 'Ok, be quick.' Hazel:'Ok. Bye.' she hung up. She was still lying on the bed, with a triumph smile on her face, she heard a cracking sound and the door of the room opened, she turned her head towards the door, her bright smile disappeared and her eyes widened in shock, a shirtless man was standing in front of her, water dripping from his wet hair she jumped from the bed almost screaming but her voice got caught in her throat when she realized who it was. Hazel: 'What are you doing?'

Harper: 'Umm... I just took a shower.

Hazel sighed: 'No... I mean...why are you here...? '

'OK... Then where am I supposed to be?' he replied taking small steps towards her. Hazel flinched, her heartbeat started racing, her hazel eyes were locked with his brown ones. Hazel in a low disoriented voice: 'At... At your place.

Harper replied, now standing right in front of her:'Yeah... Right... Then I think I m at the right place' he looked around before looking at her again 'Isn't this my room?' Hazel looked around investigating the room thoroughly before she exclaims in disbelief: 'Oh, this is actually your room'. Harper: 'Yes, you slept here last night so I didn't disturb you...' he trailed off. He took another step towards her, taking her soft hands in his, which made her look at him, her face was red, nervousness and confusion was clearly visible in her eyes, her hands were cold, he gently caressed the back of her hands with his thumb and continued 'Are you ok now? Why were you shouting on the phone?'

Hazel suddenly realizing what she needs to: 'Oh...I... I forgot, my mom wants me to meet my stepmom, can you believe this?' Harper squinted his eyes in confusion 'And...? You are going to meet her'.

Hazel smirked: 'Aahh, yeah. Actually, mom promised me she won't force me to attend any "boring" business parties and all, and I can't let go of this golden chance'.

Harper chuckled and replied teasingly: 'Why the hell am I even shocked? I should have expected this from you'.

Hazel in an offended tone: 'What the hell does that mean? Don't you know how boring and tiresome these business meetings are? And on top of that, I always end up messing with Aunt Lily.'

Harper chuckled louder: 'Ok... I need to go somewhere. Do let me know why she wanted to see you.' Hazel nodded with a beautiful smile on her face. He smiled back ' Btw aren't you getting ready?'

Hazel's smile now transformed into a smirk: 'Let her wait'. Harper smiled and left.

                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harper had to accompany his father Mr. price to meet his investor, Mr. Donalda. 'Make it as short as possible, I don't even know what the hell am I doing here' Harper yelled in frustration.

Mr. Price yelled back: 'Yeah, just don't run away like you did last time when we met my previous investor'.

Harper retorted: 'I was a kid back then, 16 yrs old'.

Mr. Donalda's PA escorted them to his office. They greeted Donalda and took a seat in front of him. Soon after their arrival Mr. Price and Donalda started talking about their investments and stuff. Harper was not at all interested in their conversation. He was looking around the cabin admiring its classic interior, his's eyes rolled down to Donalda's desk, a beautiful, shiny silver pendant caught his attention, it had something engraved on it with black color, his eyes widened in disbelief, his face turned pale, he shook his head in bewilderment, it said 'Denisda' many thoughts strike his mind: 'What does that mean? Her own father tried to kill her? But for what?' he got up from his place aggressively making both of them look at him, and questioned furiously: 'What is this?' pointing toward the pendant. Donalda looked down, then replied in a confused tone 'Why...?' he looked towards harper then continued 'It's mine and my wife Denisa's joint name personalized locket but now it's of no use, we are getting a divorce'. Harper's body stiffened he growled 'Everything makes sense now.'

Mr. Price: ' What makes sense? What are you talking about?'

He turned towards Mr. Price: 'I have something important to take care of'.

Mr. Price: 'But-' before he could complete Harper rushed out of the cabin. He got in his car, called Noah on speaker, and started driving. 'Hello Noah, Hazel is in danger.'

Noah: 'What?'

Harper: 'Yeah, I think her stepmother is responsible for everything that happened so far, remember what that old man told me before dying that person is called as Denisda, this is a joint name of her stepmother and father'.

Noah: 'What? OK, I understand what do you mean but it could be her father also. He was the one who tried to harm her image.'

Harper: 'I don't know about that article or Mr. Donalda but he is getting a divorce and, he wants hazel to take over everything. I think she is after his property, she grew conscious over it, and now she wants to get rid of Hazel.'

Noah:'Yeah, that could be the case but it's just an assumption, we need proof to take actions against her or indict her .

Harper yelled: 'Noah... You are not understanding. Hazel is in danger, she went to see her, she is with her right now'.

Noah screamed: 'What? Where are they right now?'

Harper: 'I don't know.'

Noah: 'Ok. I am tracking her mobile's location. I'll let you know '. 

Harper: 'Please hurry up.'

Harper drove extremely fast. He pulled the car and confirmed the location before coming out of it. Everything was quiet around him, he was looking around while calling Hazel constantly suddenly the air was filled with Hazel's scream he turned his head upwards and saw her falling from the terrace of a high building containing at least 40 floors, a sudden coldness hit his core, his body stiffened and everything froze for a moment. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------