𝐱𝐢𝐱. the runaway witch

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - the runaway witch

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - the runaway witch

━━━━━━━

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐓 just a little lighter, brighter even. Ophelia had professed and admitted to everything that had happened from the moment her family discovered that she was a monster. Her words illustrated the color of her teen years; black and blue, and Rebekah... she was amazing, she had said everything that Ophelia had ever wanted to hear, everything she had ever needed to hear.

The youngest original didn't sugarcoat her words; she told Ophelia that the things she did were bad, but she did them for good reason. It was revenge, justice if you will, in both Ophelia and Malachai's eyes anyway, and how could one of the original vampires possibly judge that? They had done far, far worse for the sake of family, hell, they had even done worse for less.

But despite the things Ophelia laid out on the table, Rebekah stayed by her side, rubbing circles into her arm as comfort. Her eyes didn't change, admiration, awe and respect for the siphon still gracefully shone within her cerulean gaze.

It was a milestone for the siphon - finally telling somebody. It was a secret she had kept to herself and it had bubbled and swelled inside of her, threatening to burst and break her. She had dealt with the dirty secret for nineteen years, completely alone, and when there were finally people around her, she just couldn't say a word.

Rebekah had questioned the brunette on her time in the prison world and the sympathy that glistened in her watery eyes spoke a thousand words. Rebekah couldn't have possibly imagined how it would feel to live in utter isolation and solitude for almost two decades with nothing but the past to fuel one's mind... Of course she had dealt with Nik's incessant daggering... but when inside their coffins, it was as if they were in a deep sleep, unaware that time was passing by around them whilst Ophelia had to wake every morning... that was a feat in itself.

She would have gone insane if truth be told, which was exactly why she felt such respect towards the woman who wasn't quite as young as everybody thought; the moment she had escaped her own personal hell she had saved a girl, a witch of all things.

It may not have seemed like a compliment to many, but Rebekah truly believed that the Mikaelson's and the Parker woman were destined to find one another; that it was fate. She fitted in perfectly with them, a missing piece to a rather tragic puzzle. She was broken and yet still strong. She had committed vile deeds but for the sake of the one she cared about.

If those weren't the standout traits of a Mikaelson, she didn't know what was.

Ophelia, with flustered and salted cheeks, felt relieved. A weight that could have dragged her to the murky depths of the ocean was lifted. Rebekah had promised to keep everything she had learned to herself, and Ophelia couldn't have been more grateful. She'd tell the others at some point, she was sure. But though her worries were quashed with Rebekah's silver-like voice, and though she knew Klaus would probably brush off the 'incident' with a hearty 'good job' and a pat on the back, she still felt... at odds with sitting down with Elijah and telling him of her darkest moments.