35.

I tell Carlos everything. About me losing my parents, being in foster care and about Mr White and his friends abusing me. He sits there and listens to every word and I can see him get angry and surprised as he takes it in. "Then I moved here for a fresh start but after what happened with Craig it feels like my old lift is following me."

He takes a deep breath and shakes his head "wow." He smiles softly and nods "you are so strong. I am so sorry for what happened to you and I promise I won't let anything else happen to you."

I giggle and nod "thank you. I just hope that it gets better from here." He laughs nervously and shakes his head "so what you going to do about Ricardo? When you going to tell him?" I look at my phone and shrug "I will see if he wants to meet tomorrow for dinner and I will tell him then."

I text Ricardo and place my phone back down "how long." My phone dings and I shrug "not long at all then." I look at my phone and smile "tomorrow sound perfect. Hope you're feeling better and I will see you tomorrow. Love Ricardo x."

I take a deep breath and shrug "so tomorrow the truth comes out." I look at the clock and yawn "I'm going to head to bed but I will see you tomorrow?" He smiles and waves "night."

I head upstairs and into the end room closing the door behind me.

I wake up the next morning feeling fresh and the best I felt in a long time but as I look around the room I realise it needs decorated and furniture could do with being replaced and upgraded.

I look at my phone and nod "still got 2 hours before work." I stand up and look around the room "if I move this here and that there. It will look better?" I shrug and move towards a set off drawers and attempt to move them.

The drawers all fall out and make a loud noise "shit. I hope I haven't work up Carlos." I hear footsteps approaching and look at the door "sorry."

The door opens and I see Ricardo "unbelievable." He looks at me angrily and shakes his head before walking out the room and downstairs.

He pushes Carlos out the way and storms out the front door "Ricardo wait. I shake my head and take a deep breath "It's not what it looks like." Carlos smiles at me and nods "I will tell him."

He runs after him and I roll my eyes and head back upstairs and grab my phone "please answer Ricardo." I try ring him but it goes to voicemail "dammit Ricardo."

I sit on the bed and see Carlos walk towards me with blood running down his nose and a cut lip "what happened?" I quickly stand up and he shakes his head "just give him time to calm down." I take a deep breath and nod "how long? We are meant to be having dinner tonight. I was going to explain everything."

Tears run down my face and Carlos walks towards me and sits down cuddling me "I know. He will understand once you tell him."

He stands up and laughs nervously "you got a little?" He points towards my shoulder and I see blood "it's fine."

I stand up and smile "I should get ready for work I guess." Carlos nods and walks toward the door "I will drop you off at work and go into town and get you furniture and paint and whatever else you like. Ok? Just text me what you want and I will get it so you feel more at home." I smile and hug him "thank you Carlos. You really are a good friend."

He hugs me and smiles "now get ready and I will drop you off at work."

He walks out the door closing it behind him and I take a deep breath "I really hope today doesn't drag."

I get to the store and Pedro smiles at me "are you ok?" I nod and walk towards him "you spoke to Ricardo then?" He nods firmly and smiles "it's not what he made out it was."

Pedro looks towards the floor and smiles "I know." I take a deep breath and smile "take it you also spoken to Gloria?" He smiles and looks at me "yeah."

He hugs me and smiles "I would totally understand if you want to take a few days off?" I shake my head and grab the brush "If I don't work I will drive my brain insane." He smiles and nods firmly "ok but if you need a few days then let me know?" I smile and nod "I will."

I walk towards the back off the store and start brushing the floor.

The afternoon goes by fast and before I know it Pedro walks towards me and shrugs "lunch? My treat." I nod and we walk toward the door "where you fancy?" He locks up and I smile "anything."

He nods and walks down the street "I know the place."

I follow him and he stops at a burger van "what would you like?" My phone rings and I jump "just get me a burger and chips please?" He nods and I walk towards the seating area and sit down.

I look at my phone and see Craig's name "shit."

I take a deep breath and answer the phone "hello?" I look towards Pedro and see him still in the line waiting "Belle? Are you coming back here or what? Your stuff is still here so I need to know?"

I take a deep breath and nod "I will get my stuff out by the end of the night." I look back towards Pedro and see him walk towards me "ok good."

The line goes dead and I shake my head and stand up "can I take the rest of the day off?" Pedro hands me my food and smiles "of course you can. You want me to drop you home?" I smile nervously and nod "yes please." I take a deep breath and follow him towards the car.