40.

After dinner we head back into the car and Ricardo drives away from Carlos house "where are we going?" He smirks and shakes his head "surprise."

After a few minutes he pulls into an off road and drives down it for a few meters before stopping. I look at the tree's around me and shake my head "where are we?" He smirks and gets out the car "come on. You will see."

I follow him out the car and he grabs a bag and blanket from the back "we just eat?" He walks towards me and holds my hand "it's just snacks."

He leads me forward and stops "welcome to me quiet place." I look around the amazing view off the city "wow." I shake my head and smile "this place is amazing."

He sets the blanket down and I sit down and look over the city "drink?" I look at him and nod as he hands me a beer "thank you."

He opens once and I roll my eyes "I will take that." I take it and drink it placing the one in my hand back into the picnic bag "you can't drink?" I nod toward the car and shrug "fine."

He grabs a cola and smiles "better?" I nod and take a sip off my beer "much."

Ricardo looks at his watch and smirks "this is my best part." He lies down and looks up to the sky "come join me?"

I lay next to him and look around "why? What is going to happen?" Suddenly there is an echo through the air as the clock bell sets to 7PM "wait for it."

Birds fly out from the tree's around us and I smile "wow." I look at him and shake my head "is this where you bring all the girl's to impress them?" He laughs nervously and shakes his head "no. I haven't had a lot off girl's and I certainly wouldn't bring them here."

He shrugs and sits up "I only wanted to show it to someone special?" I smile and sit up "your cute."

He locks his eyes onto my lips and I lean forward and kiss him. Dragging his head down I lay back down and he shakes his head "are you sure you want to do this now?" I smile and nod "I have never been so sure about anything else."

After the best few minutes off my life I cuddle into Ricardo and he smirks "what?" He shrugs and kisses my forehead "I'm just really happy."

I sit up and laugh nervously "you're such a dork." He sits up and smiles "you bring out the best in me." I smile and shove him gently still managing to push him down "I'm hungry."

I open the bag Ricardo brought and pull out a bag off Dorito's and lay back down beside him "this has been the best night ever." He kisses my head and smiles "so far."

We look over the city as the sunsets and the streetlights turn on. I was so thankful to be here and with Ricardo. He made everything better and I felt so safe with him and I could be myself around him. If someone told me 6 months ago that I would be living out of Colorado. Had my life on track and was finally happy again I would say are lying. It was perfect and it was all mine. My life was perfect.

A few weeks passed and things are still amazing. Who knew? "Come on we are going to be late." I laugh sarcastically as I run down the stairs to join Carlos cousin's Leticia and Gabriella "you ready?" I grab my bag and walk towards the door "yes. Let's go shopping."

We drive to the mall and into the clothes stores "I NEED to find the perfect outfit for my birthday night out tonight." I smile softly and nod "and you will Leticia. I will find you one ok?" She takes a deep breath and looks around the store "time is precious girl's. Come on." I look at Gabriella and she flings her head back "this will be fun. Let's go girl's."

We search for the perfect dress for Leticia for her birthday night out tonight but she says no to everything but I grab a dress for myself and try it on "wow."

I walk out the changing room wearing a white skin-tight dress "you look amazing." Leticia and Gabriella smile at me. I smirk and turn around "this one then?" They nod and smile "yes."

I nod and walk back into the changing room and get changed back into my clothes "ready?" I walk out the changing room and see the girl's giggling "what?" They look towards the door and nods "two boys just came over to us and asked us for our numbers and plans for tonight."

I look towards the door and see two boys in caps walking out the store "I guess they can join girl's night?" Gabriella shakes her head and sighs "no. Girl's night is girl's night." She wraps her arm around mind "now come on so we can get ready for tonight."

She leads me toward the checkout till and I pay for the dress and we head home.

When we get back to the house Gabriella spot's a gift bag on the doorstep "hey." She picks it up and hands me it "you have a present?" I look at the card and shake my head "it's for Leticia?"

I hand her it and unlock the door. She walks in and sits on the sofa and opens the bag "ahhhh." She screams and I run out from the kitchen "what?" She smiles and turns around "it's the dress I saw online."

She holds up a beautiful pink sequin dress that sparkled in the light "wow. It's beautiful." I smile and walk towards her "who is it from?" She looks inside the bag and pulls out a card "it just says C? Must be Carlos." I smile and nod "that is sweet off him."

I head back into the kitchen and open the drink cupboard "girl's?" They walk in and look towards me "what?" I step back and look towards the bottle of whiskey in my hand "it's party time."

Gabriella gets 3 whiskey glasses and I look towards the time "we have 2 hours so let's go." I grab the whiskey and we head into my room "to a good night?" I pour three glasses and they smile and cheers "to the best night."