37.

Trying to avoid Carlos I sneak down the street and towards Carlos house.

I get inside and run upstairs and fling my stuff in my suitcase and grab the notebook and pen. I write a note for Carlos and leave it on the bed before running downstairs dragging the suitcase behind me.

I look around the house and close my eyes taking a deep breath 'bye.' I leave the key on the side table and head out the door closing it behind me.

When I get to the apartment I look at the building and shake my head "I really hope Craig is miles away."

I walk in the door and quickly close it behind me and looking around I take a deep breath "he hasn't binned my stuff then?" I leave my suitcase in the living room and head into the bedroom.

I see boxes lying on the bed so I grab one and start packing my things.

After two boxes my stuff is all packed and I place the boxes in the living room beside my suitcase and take a deep breath "guess I should call Ricardo and let him know." I pull my phone out and click on his name "voicemail. Typical."

I walk towards my suitcase and laugh nervously after the beep "I don't know why I expected you too answer really. Anyway, I just thought I would say goodbye. I'm leaving town as soon as I finish packing the rest of my apartment and I just wanted to let you hear it from myself. I want to say thank you for everything and I'm sorry that things have too end like this and I hope someday you will know the truth and maybe forgive me for everything. I love you and I hope you find your happy every after. Bye."

The front door opens and I jump and turn around "Craig? What are you doing here?" He stands there smiling at me holding a bottle of whiskey "you." He laughs sarcastically and walks towards me "slut."

I look around and run into the bedroom slamming the door behind me.

I put my whole weight against the door but he pushes it open making my fly across the room.

He walks towards me and points towards a scar under his left eye "look what your boyfriend done to me." He grabs my hair tight and pulls me up "he isn't here to save you this time."

He flings me onto the bed and drinks some off his whiskey before pinning me down and forcing the rest of the bottle down my throat.

Unable to move the whiskey burns my throat as it went down and I could taste every drop.

He smashes the bottom off the bottle against the bedside drawers "now don't scream." He holds the broken piece of glass against my throat and pulls his trousers down with his other hand.

He starts kissing my lips and moves down my face and onto my neck and rapes me.

I lay there for what seems like forever and once he finishes he stands up and walks out the apartment without saying a word. I lay still with tears running down my face "I can't. I can't do this." I stand up and take a deep breath and open the bedroom window. I stand on the ledge and look down "wow." I look towards the sky and take a deep breath "just one jump. Then it will be over."

I take a deep breath again look down again but before I could move I feel hands from behind me pull me in. I fall on them and quickly stand up "no more Craig."

I look at them and see Ricardo standing at me smiling "hey." With tears running down my face he runs towards me and hugs me "Ricardo?" He kisses my head and hold me close "I'm here. I'm not leaving again ok?" I lean my weight onto him and he holds me in his arms as I cry.

I see Carlos standing at the door "I'm sorry Belle." I raise my eyebrow and shake my head "you told him?" He nods and takes a deep breath "I had to. He told me about the voicemail and I didn't want anything else happening to you."

I laugh nervously and look towards my bruised wrist's "Craig has already been and left."

They look at the bed and see the smashed bottle "what happened?" I look at the ground and shake my head "he finished what he started last time." Ricardo holds my wrists up and kisses them "I'm going to kill him."

He storms out the room and Carlos hugs me "leave your stuff and I will get someone to get it. Just you head back to mine and we will meet you there in a bit okay?" I nod and smile "ok."

He stands up and walks towards the door "what are yous going to do?" Ricardo walks back in and shakes his head "we need to go Carlos." Carlos looks at him and nods "bye Belle."

They can't even look me in the eye and that's when I know it's going to be bad.

Ricardo is on the phone to someone when I get downstairs and looks down the road when a tinted window car pulls up "Anthony will take you home Belle." I look at the car and see Anthony roll the window down "hey." I smile and wave "are you coming back to Carlos tonight?" I look at Ricardo and he walks towards me and kisses me "If that is what you want?" I smile and nod "yes." He nods and hugs me "then I will see you soon."

I get into the car and Ricardo nods towards Anthony "don't let her out your sight." Anthony nods and waves "see yous soon."

He rolls the window up and drives off down the road towards Carlos house.