ten

"Aye, let's say that Mikael followed Elena in here. He tried to grab her, so he could use her as bait." I hear in the distance as I entered the boarding house. I made my way towards my friends.

"And you what? Vervained him?" I hear Elena again.

"No, we vervained him! This guy is an Original. To make it realistic."

"Okay, fine. We vervained him, and in the process discovered that he had a dagger."

I enter the room, rubbing my eyes. The shades were open and the room was bright. You'd think a house full of vampires would enjoy the darkness.

"Well Good-morning Sunshine. Nice of you to join us." Damon teases as I roll my eyes.

"Continue, I'm listening." I say referencing the plan.

"So what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?" Elena asks the two vampires.

"Good point! You my brother have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So the idea is to lure him back here and kill him...last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue-tied." Damon says.

"Well, don't look at me. I am just in charge of getting him back here." Stefan sighs.

"Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael is dead, he'll want proof." I say.

"Then I shall be dead." I hear a voice join us making me turn in look. I didn't recognize him but I could assume he was Mikael. I turn back to the three.

"Is that the..." I trail off and then whisper. "Viking guy?" I say.

"Yes. And he can definitely hear you." Stefan says as I look back up at the man. He narrows his eyes at me.

"oops." I mutter before the conversation continues.

"What if he wants to see you in person?" I drown the voices out as I stand and leave the room. Although Rebekah was kinda crazy I found myself worrying about her.

I mean if some random girl who wanted my brother dead, told me my brother killed my own mother after he lied about it for a thousand years I'd be pretty upset too.

God this family was complicated.

I eventually found the girl in her room. I brought my hand up to knock but she already opened the door herself.

"I could hear you coming." She sighs, making her way back to sit on her bed.

I awkwardly scratch my neck before following behind her.

"So. uh. You doing okay?" I ask. I did feel bad for Rebekah. A lot of what I heard about her has been preeeetty depressing.

"I'm fine, why do you care?" She says, quirking a brow.

I shrug. "I don't think anyone deserves to deal with so much at once. Despite the whole powerful, cold blooded ,original vampire thing you got going on, I don't think you're that horrible." I say awkwardly. Still don't know how to approach this. I knew Rebekah wasn't horrible. I mean she hasn't killed me yet.

"Well then. I appreciate it. I think." She states, still not showing much emotion. I nod and slowly stand up.

"I hope you feel better." I mutter before leaving the room and closing the door quietly.

"ew" I mutter, poking the body of Mikael, as he laid on the floor. A dagger was sunk into his heart and his body was white, and blue veins covered him.

"He bought it. He's coming home." Rebekah announces as the group sighs in relief.

"Now, was that easy or what?" Damon smirks.