forty six

My eyes shoot open with a sharp breath as I sit up in my bed. They are shut again soon after when I look around my room, which had been a drastic difference from the darkness I had been surrounded with for what felt like days.

I slowly flutter my eyes open this time to me three sets of eyes who were surrounding my bed. Jeremy, Damon and Stefan all sat around my room, staring at me as if I were a caged animal or some shit.

"What happened?" I ask, weakly. I felt so sore.

"You were in an accident." Stefan speaks slowly, as if I were fragile. The nights events slowly come back to me in pieces.

"Where's Elena? Matt? Are they okay?" I feel my heart drop as Stefan exchanges looks with Damon.

"Matt's alive-"

"Unfortunately." Damon cuts Stefan off, sending him a glare.

"Elena's in transition." Stefan mutters. My eyes widen. "What happened?"

"By the time I could get to you all, Matt and Elena were the only ones alive." He trails off. My mind was swarmed, it was so much to take in at once- not to mention I felt like death.

"Elena wanted me to save Matt. I did, but I didn't have enough time to save her."

"We thought you were dead, Scar." Jeremy speaks, his voice breaking slightly. It felt like there was a heavy weight on my chest, making it hard to breathe. I felt myself die, I felt my lungs fill with water. I drowned, how was I here? My eyes slightly water as I think about it.

"Am I..?" I trail off, blinking away my tears as quickly as they came.

"No. You're alive."

"How?"

Damon only exchanges looks with Stefan before pointing to the necklace I was wearing.

"That." I bring my hand up to touch the necklace in confusion. It was the one Klaus gave to me so long ago.

"How?"

"Bonnie says it was charmed for your protection. Thank god it was- you'd be dead if you didn't have it. Elena would be too if it wasn't for Meredith." The necklace Klaus gave me is what saved me. He had it charmed and He saved my life pretty much.

My heart drops as I remember his death. This wouldn't help me feel better. It was easier to shrug off his death when all I thought of him was about how evil and cold hearted he was.

Maybe he wasn't all of those things. He wanted to protect me and he did. It hurts more knowing that I didn't take a chance to see that side of him.

I felt sad, and I wouldn't be guilty about it this time. He saved my life.

My mind flashes back to my last moments, gripping Elena's hand. I never thought I'd see her again. I was scared and all I wanted to do was scream but I was too weak. I felt so powerless and I never wanna feel that way again. It was the only moment I had been filled with so much fear and shock.

I quickly wipe away the tears that trickled down my cheeks. I hadn't even noticed I began to cry.

I see Stefan and Damon look at me with pity, maybe even sadness before Jeremy envelopes me in a hug.

"You're okay, Scar."

"It's disgusting." Stefan raises an eyebrow as Elena scrunches up her nose after taking a bite of a sandwich he made her.

"Yeah. I'm gonna puke." She mutters, spitting the food into a napkin. I watch in confusion. If being a vampire meant not enjoying normal food, I'm feeling pretty lucky.