Chapter 2 - First day of school

I woke up the next morning and yawned, it took me a few second to remember where I was. I stood up and used the bathroom, brushing my teeth before going back to my room, I looked at the clock, seeing I had about an hour to get ready for school.

I opened my dresser and chose an outfit that would be comfortable but also look good, I chose black ripped skinny jeans, a Star Wars tee shirt, an oversized denim jacket, a pair of studded combat boots, and then put on my glasses. I was kind of blind without them.

I looked at the mirror but it was missing something, I quickly put my hair up in a messy ponytail, tying it with a white scrunchie. I did a cute little pose to make sure I looked cute before going downstairs.

Bella was sitting at the table eating toast, she was dressed in boring clothes yet again, I'd been trying for months to teach her the rules of fashion but she never listened. "Good morning" I said, grabbing an apple from the counter.

"How are you so happy? We got dumped here because our mom wanted to go on a road trip, and now we have to go to a school full of strangers" she said.

"It isn't the end of the world, you're allowed to smile" I said, pulling a funny face, she smirked and rolled her eyes, I giggled. "Hurry up, I don't want to be late" I said.

"Alright, alright, don't rush me" she said, taking one last bite of her toast before wiping the crumbs off on her pants. She grabbed the truck keys and we went outside, getting in the truck and driving the school.

We parked and got out, "nice ride" a guy said to us, "thanks" Bella said before walking away, I walked with her into school. We walked into the school and pulled out our schedules, "do we have any classes together?" She asked.

"Just lunch" I said, she sighed and I nudged her "at least we have lunch together, that's better than nothing" I said. She shrugged and a random guy came over, "you're Isabella and Maya Swan, the new girls" he said.

"Yeah" Bella confirmed, he held out his hand for her to shake, "hi, I'm Eric, the eyes and ears of this place" he said. She shook his hand politely, he held his handout towards me and I shook as well, "hi" I said. He smiled "hi".

"Anything you two need, tour guide, lunch date, shoulder you cry on?" He joked, Bella stammered "I'm really kind of the more suffer-in-silence type" she said.

"Good headline for the feature, I'm on the paper and you two are news, front page" he said, she looked worried. "N-no I'm not" she stuttered, I put my hand on her shoulder to stop her "please don't have any sort of-" I started but he cut me off.

"Chillax. No feature. Cool?" He said, she nodded "thanks" she said, I thanked him too and then Bella and I left for our separate classes.

***

Math class was a bore, as I expected, but now it was time for lunch, which would let me complain to Bella. I went into the cafeteria and looked around, spotting Bella with a blonde guy and a brunette girl.

She spotted me and signalled for me to come over, of course I did, we all sat down at a table with Eric. "Hey Mikey, I see you've met my homegirls, Maya and Bella" Eric said, "your homegirls?" Mikey said.

The guy that complimented our truck the morning came over, "my girls" he said, kissing each of us on the cheek and pulling the chair out from under Mike. The boy ran off and Mike chased him, "oh my god, it's like the first grade all over again, you two are the shiny new toys" the brown haired girl said.

"Smile" a black haired girl said, snapping a picture of Bella and I, I smiled and gave the peace sign before it was taken. She sat down, "I needed a candid for the feature" she said, I chuckled, "the feature's dead Angela" Eric said.