Chapter 19 - Saving Edward...

"He left you Bella, he didn't want you anymore, remember?" Jacob tried to talk Bella out of leaving. Alice had already started the car. "No, I'm not gonna let him kill himself out of guilt" Bella said.

"Well, what about your dad?" He asked as she opened the car door, "I'm 18, I'm legally free to go and I left a note" she said, getting in the car. He put his head through the window, "please Bella, just stay here, for Charlie, for me" he said.

"I have to go" she said quietly, glaring at him, "I'm begging you, please" he pleaded, she glared at him even more. "Goodbye Jacob" she said, he removed himself from the window and looked at me. "I'll keep her safe" I said before getting in the back seat.

We started driving, reaching the airport within an hour, we got on a plane and it was morning by the time we landed. Alice got a new car and we all got in as she started speeding down the road.

"I'm guessing you didn't rent this car" Bella said, looking uncomfortable, "I figured you wouldn't be opposed to grand theft auto" Alice said. "Not today" Bella said.

Alice stiffened and Bella looked at her "what? What do you see?" She asked.

"They refused him" Alice said. "So..?" Bella asked.

"He's gonna make a scene, show himself to the humans" she said, I could feel Bella's worry. "No! When?" She asked.

"He's gonna wait until noon, when the sun's at its highest" she said, Bella grinded her teeth nervously, "Alice, you gotta hurry up" she said.

"There's Volterra" Alice said, I looked ahead and almost gasped, if Edward wasn't about to kill himself this place would be beautiful. We got into the city and Alice started honking the horn, getting everyone out of the way. "Why are they all in red?" Bella asked.

"St Marco's day festival, they're commemorating the expulsion of vampires from the city. It's the perfect setting. The Volturi will never let him get far enough to reveal himself" Alice explained.

"We have five minutes" Bella said, clutching her head in worry, "I know, Bella, Just breathe" she said as a few cops stopped us. Bella and I got out, "you're the only ones he can't see coming, if he sees me he'll read my thoughts, he'll think I'm lying, he'll rush into it" Alice said.

"Where do we go?" I asked.

"He'll be under the clock tower, go!" She said, Bella shut the door and we started running, pushing past people in a desperate attempt to reach the clock tower in time. We escaped a cluster of people and saw the clock tower, pushing even faster to get there.

We reached a fountain just as the clock struck 12, we looked at the door to the clock tower as Edward slowly stepped out, unbuttoning his shirt. Bella gasped and started running through the fountain, reaching him just as he stepped out into the sunlight.

She wrapped her arms around him, shaking him a bit and trying to push him back, he opened his eyes slowly and saw her, hugging her tightly as he backed up into the building, out of the sunlight. I sighed with relief and quickly ran inside.

When I got in there, Bella and Edward were kissing each other desperately, they split apart after two men walked over, a tall one and a short one. "I won't be needing your services after all, gentlemen" Edward said to the two men.

"Aro wants to speak with you again" the tall one said, "no rules were broken" Edward argued. "Nonetheless, we should take this conversation to a more appropriate venue" the tall man said.

"Fine. Bella, why don't you go enjoy the rest of the festival, take Maya with you" Edward suggested. "The girls come with us" the tall one growled, Edward glared at them, "no, you can go to hell" Edward growled.