Chapter 26 - Becoming a vampire

Jasper's POV

The battle was over, we had won, but something was wrong, I could feel it, but I had no idea what. "Jasper!" Jacob called, I looked at him, "what is it?" I asked.

"Maya, she's hurt" he said, my eyes widened and I quickly sped away, up the mountain to where Edward was with Bella and Maya. I heard screaming before I was even halfway there. I reached the campsite and looked around.

There was another pain filled scream so I ran towards where it was coming from, finding Bella and Edward kneeling by Maya's side. She was screaming and crying, I could feel her pain, she was thrashing around wildly while Edward attempted to hold her down.

I clenched my jaw as I smelled the blood, if her blood was clean I wouldn't be able to control myself. But something was wrong with it. It was tainted. Whatever was in it made it so I didn't thirst for it.

I rushed to her side, kneeling beside her, "what happened?" I asked, seeing the blood soaked shirt that Bella was holding against Maya's shoulder. "She was bitten" Edward said, my eyes widened, "we have to get her to Carlisle" I said.

"We can't do that while she's freaking out" Edward said, I looked at her and narrowed my eyes, using my powers to calm her down enough to stop thrashing. I picked her up gently and sped down to the clearing, Edward followed with Bella.

Carlisle saw us and rushed over, "what happened to her?" Carlisle asked, taking her from my arms and setting her on the ground. "She was bitten, there's Venom in her blood. Please, Carlisle, you have to help her, if I do it I won't be able to stop" I begged.

"I can't, the Venom's been in her blood for too long, if I try to suck out the venom I'll take too much blood. She'll die" he said. My powers wore off of her and she started screaming again, her pain coming back.

"What is there to do?! We have to stop the transformation! She's not supposed to be a vampire yet!" I yelled. This couldn't happen. It's too soon. She needs to live as a mortal as long as possible.

"Jasper, listen to me" Carlisle stood up, putting his hand on my shoulder, "this is happening, whether you want it to or not. Right now, only thing we can do, is make it painless" he said.

I was shaking as I nodded, he let go of me and I kneeled beside her, "I'm gonna make it go away, you're gonna be okay" I said. I used my powers to take her pain away, she stopped screaming, her body going still as she gasped for breath.

I grabbed her hand and held it, using my other hand to wipe the tears off of her face, "you're gonna be okay" I promised. Her eyes closed as she passed out, I would need to use my powers until the venom spread through all of her blood. Then she would be a vampire.

She would be like me...

Maya's POV

My eyes fluttered open and I groaned quietly, I looked around, sitting up slowly, I was in Jasper's bedroom. I stood up slowly, walking out of the room and into the living room where everyone else was. They all had serious expressions and were talking quietly.

"Guys?" I entered the room and they all looked at me, Jasper rushed to my side, hugging me tightly. "Jas, what's going on?" I asked when he let me go, "how do you feel?" He asked me.

"I feel, I don't know, different? And... thirsty..." I trailed off as I saw Bella, a feeling of hunger washed over me and I gulped. "Get Bella out of the room" Edward ordered, he must've read my mind.

"What's wrong with me? What happened yesterday? Did we win the battle?" I asked.

"Maya, you were bitten by Riley" Edward said, my eyes widened as I remember what happened, I put my hand on my shoulder. I could feel the scar through my shirt, "I'm a... vampire...?" I asked.

"We would've saved you, but the venom had already spread too much, if we had tried to suck it out, you would've died" Carlisle said.

"Am I stronger than Emmett now?" I joked, Emmett chuckled, "not a chance" he said confidently. "Care to find out?" I asked, he raised an eyebrow and walked over to me, "alright, hit me" he said.

I looked at Jasper and he chuckled, "we probably shouldn't do this inside" he said, I smiled and we all went outside. Emmett stood in front of me and everyone else stood back, "hit me" he said.

I glanced at Jasper and he nodded slightly, I smiled as I clenched my fist, slamming it into Emmetts chest. He flew backwards and hit a tree, breaking it, I laughed excitedly as he stood up and smiled.

"I think I enjoyed that a little too much..." I realized, everyone laughed and I smiled, walking over to Jasper. "So, I'm a vampire" I said, he nodded "yes, you're a vampire" he said.

"There's something I've always wanted to do, and now that I'm a vampire..." I trailed off and his cheeks went bright red. I laughed, "not that! Come on!" I grabbed his hand and started running through the forest, he ran with me as I jumped and ran around the trees.

I finally stopped at the edge of a clearing, the sky was bright and cloudless, a nice change from the usual rainy weather. I turned around to face Jasper, walking backwards slowly into the sunlight, I looked at my skin as the sun made it sparkle.

I turned around and breathed in the warm air, "you're so beautiful" Jasper whispered, standing behind me and taking hold of my hand. "I've never felt like this... I feel free... like I can do anything..." I said.

He turned me around so our faces were inches apart, "Maya Jean Swan, I've wanted to do this for months now, but I haven't had the chance amidst all the craziness. So I'd like to do it now" he started.

He took a step back and put his hand in his pocket, fiddling with something, "when I first met you, I was intrigued. The more I got to know you, the more I liked you, then I fell in love with you" he said.

I smiled as he continued, "being apart from you for eight months, it was a was a real wake up call, now I know what I want. So..." he took a small box out of his pocket and got down on one knee, my eyes widened.

"Will you do me the incredible honour of being my wife?" He asked, opening the box and revealing a beautiful ring. I had never seen anything like it.

The longer I stayed quiet, the more nervous Jasper seemed, "yes" I said finally, he seemed relieved. "Yes, Jasper, I will marry you" I said, he stood up and put the ring on my left ring finger, I squealed with excitement and hugged him.

He hugged me tightly, lifting me up and spinning me around, he set me back down and pressed his lips against mine. I kissed him for a few moments before resting my forehead against his, sighing happily.

"I love you so much" I whispered, he smiled "I love you more" he said, I shook my head "not possible" I whispered.

*end of Eclipse*

(This is what the ring looks like)

You guys have no idea how much I adore this ring, I cannot describe how happy I was when I saw this ring online