Chapter 11 - Happy birthday!

*beginning of New Moon*

   I opened my eyes and yawned quietly, getting out of bed and going over to my closet, it's been four months since prom. Jasper and I were still dating and he wasn't uncomfortable around me anymore, he'd gotten used to my blood scent and now he didn't even have to try to control his thirst around me.

   Today was my 18th birthday, which meant it was Bella's birthday too, since we were twins, I didn't really care about my birthday, and Bella was strangely worried about aging, even though she was just 18.

   I looked through my closet and picked out an outfit, a white tank top and black ripped jeans, I put on a black sweater left it unzipped. I walked over to my mirror and brushed my hair, putting on some makeup, then putting on my running shoes.

   I went downstairs and saw Charlie in the kitchen, "morning, Dad" I said, he looked up, "hey, come here" he said. I walked over and he held out two presents. "What's this?" I asked, looking at him. "You gotta open it to find out" he said.

   I smiled and took the presents, unwrapping them, it was a small camera and an empty scrap book. "Your mom wants you to take lots of photos for your senior year, that way you'll have lots of memories" he said.

   I hugged him tightly and he chuckled a bit, "thank you, Dad, I love it" I said, letting him go. Bella came downstairs and I grabbed my camera I hugged her with one arm "happy birthday!" I said, snapping a picture of us.

   I giggled and let her go, looking at the picture, I was smiling widely but she looked spooked and amused, good enough. "Let's go, we don't want to be late" she said, I grabbed my backpack and put my camera in my pocket.

   We went out to the truck and got in, she drove as usual, "Bella, do you think this year will be as dramatic as last year?" I asked.

   "I hope not" she said, turning on the radio, the news came on and I listened.

   "Another missing hiker brings the total to three presumed dead. Rangers are searching for the killer animal—"

   Bella changed the channel and some music came on, I sighed quietly as we pulled into the school parking lot, getting out of the truck. "Today's the big day, R and J essay due" Jessica reminded us. "Oh yeah" Bella muttered.

   "Wherefore art thou, Swan sisters" Mike said in a fake accent, I rolled my eyes, "let me take a picture of you guys. My mom wants me to put together, like, a big scrapbook of memories" Bella said.

   "Oh, cool, yeah" Eric agreed, everyone started to move together more "I take pictures, I'm not in them" Angela said. Eric shook his head "no, no, no, come here" he said, pulling her into frame, I stood beside Jessica and put my arm around her shoulders, putting up a piece sign.

   "You'll photoshop this if my nose looks big, right?" Jessica asked, Bella raised the camera, "don't worry, I'm in the picture, no one will be looking at you guys" Eric joked as everyone smiled and Bella snapped a picture.

   "My turn! Bella, take my place" I said, I walked over to where Bella was standing and Bella stood where I was. "Smile!" I said, holding up the camera, I took the picture and looked at it, smiling to myself.

   I looked up as everyone's face fell, "oh good, Cullen's here" Mike said in an annoyed tone, "yay" Mike said sarcastically. "We'll see you later" Jessica said to Bella. We all went into school, leaving Bella alone with Edward.

   I walked with them until I suddenly felt someone's arms wrap around my waist, I gasped and turned around to see Jasper. I sighed with relief and he chuckled, kissing my lips as I giggled a bit.