Chapter 8 - Baseball

It was a couple days later, the Cullen's had invited us to a baseball game, but first we had to ask our dad, who was currently at the dining room table, doing something to his rifle, it looked like he was cleaning it.

Bella and I walked into the dining room and Bella put another beer on the table, "got you another one" she said. He looked up for a second before going back to his gun, "thanks" he said.

"I have a date with Edward Cullen" she said suddenly. "And I've got a date with Jasper Hale" I said. He looked at us, "aren't they a little old for you two?" He asked.

"No, we're all juniors, I thought you liked the Cullen's" she said.

"I thought you didn't like any of the boys in town" he said, looking at us, "they don't live in town, technically" she said. He raised an eyebrow, "dad, they're right outside, they wanted to meet you officially" I said.

"Alright, bring them in" he said, putting his gun down, "dad, could you be nice?" Bella asked him quietly as I ran over to the door. I opened it and saw Edward and Jasper outside, they both looked kind of nervous.

"You can come in now" I said, stepping aside, they came in and we walked over to Charlie, "Chief Swan" Edward greeted him "we wanted to formally introduce ourselves, Im Edward Cullen and this is Jasper Hale" he said.

"Hi, Edward, Jasper" Charlie shook their hands, "Bella and Maya won't be out late tonight, they're just gonna play baseball with us and our family" Edward said.

"Baseball?" Charlie asked, clearly surprised, "yes, sir, that's the plan" Jasper said, Charlie chuckled a bit. "My girls are gonna play baseball? Well, good luck with that" he said.

"I'll take good care of her, I promise" Jasper said, taking hold of my hand, Charlie noticed this and didn't look impressed. "Come on, let's go" I whispered, Jasper and I went outside and Bella and Edward followed.

"Since when are vampires into baseball?" Bella asked Edward as he put a striped hat on her head, "well, it's an American pastime, and there's a thunder storm coming, it's the only time we can play, you'll see why" he said.

We all got into the car and started driving, Bella and I sat in the back while Edward and Jasper sat in the front. We reached a massive clearing and got out, walking over to the group of Cullen's, "glad you're here, we need an umpire" Esme said to Bella.

"She thinks we cheat" Emmett said, Esme looked at him, "I know you cheat" she said, I smirked. Everyone got in position, I stood next to Carlisle as the thunder started picking up, "it's time" Alice said, pitching the ball to Rosalie. There was a loud clap of thunder as soon as Rosalie hit the ball.

"Wow..." I breathed, Carlisle chuckled at me as Rosalie started running the bases, and Edward sped off after the ball. The ball was thrown back through the trees and Esme caught it as Rosalie ran for home. Right before she reached home, Esme got her out.

"You're out" Bella said, Rosalie glared at her and stood up, "babe, come on, it's just a game" Emmett called. Carlisle stepped up to the plate and Alice pitched the ball, he hit it flawlessly and started running as the ball hurried through the sky.

I watched as Emmett and Edward both leaped for it, only to collide in the middle, I winced as the fell to the ground. Carlisle reached home and stepped aside for Jasper's turn, Jasper gave me a small kiss before Alice pitches the ball, he hit it perfectly and started running.

Emmett got him out and then it was Rosalie's turn again, so Alice pitches the ball again and Rosalie hit it, starting to run. "Stop!" Alice suddenly yelled, everyone ran over to home base, "they were leaving, but then they heard us" Alice said.