Chapter 5 - Dress shopping

It had been a couple days since then and Jasper was ignoring me again, I tried texting him but he didn't answer. Now I was sitting outside at school, looking around for Jasper, or any of the Cullen's. Bella was looking for someone as well, I assumed she was looking for Edward, she'd taken an interest in him.

"They're not here" Jessica said, Bella and I both looked at her for answers. "Whenever the weather is nice, the Cullen's disappear" she said.

"What, do they just ditch?" Bella asked.

"No, Dr and Mrs Cullen yank them out for, like, hiking and camping and stuff, I tried that with my parents, not even close" Jessica said.

Angela ran over, "guys, I'm going to the prom with Eric, I just asked him, I took control" she said, Bella smiled, "I told you that would happen" she said, hugging Angela.

"Are you sure you have to go out of town?" She asked Bella and I, "oh, yeah, it's a little family thing" Bella said. I frowned, I didn't want to miss prom. Maybe I could call my mom and reschedule, but she's really looking forward to seeing us again.

"We should go shopping in Port Angelos before all the good dresses get cleaned out" Jessica said. The bell rang loudly, "Port Angelos, do you mind if we come?" Bella asked.

"Yeah, we need your opinions" Angela said, I smiled and stood up, we all went to class.

***

We were at the dress shop now, Jessica, Angela, and I were trying on dresses while Bella sat in the corner, watching. "I like this one" Jessica said, holding up a pink dress, "that's cool" Angela agreed.

"But I don't know about the one-shoulder thing" Jess said, I looked at some other dresses on the rack, I looked at a blue dress and took it off the rack, looking at Angela who was looking at a dress. "I like this one" she said.

"Yeah, I like the beading" Jessica said, I nodded, "you wouldn't need jewellery" I added, she smirked. "Jess, what do you think? Lavender?" Angela asked, showing off the dress she was wearing as I stepped into a dressing room. I put on the blue dress and stepped out. Standing beside Jessica and Angela in front of the mirror.

"Is that good? Is that my colour?" She asked us, Jess looked at her, "I like it, I liked that dusty rose one too" she said. I looked in the mirror at the dress I was wearing, I didn't know how I felt about it, it showed off a bit too much chest for my taste.

"What do you think of this?" I asked, twirling the skirt a bit, "it looks good on you" Angela said, but I still wasn't sure. "Okay, I like this one, it makes my boobs look good" Jessica said, looking at herself in the mirror.

There was a knock on the window as a group of guys slowed down to look at us, "nice" one guy said, winking at us. "Oh my god" Angela muttered, I hugged my stomach self-consciously, "that is uncomfortable" Jessica said, Bella shook her head, "that's disgusting" she muttered.

"Bella, what do you think?" Jessica asked, we all showed her our dresses, "that looks great" she said, though I knew she had no idea what looked good and what didn't. "You said that about, like, the last five dresses though" Jessica said.

"I thought they were all pretty good" she said, Angela sighed, "you're not really into this, are you?" She asked, though she knew the answer. "I actually really just want to go to this bookstore, I'll meet you guys at the restaurant?" She suggested.

"Are you sure?" Jessica asked as Bella stood up, "yeah, I'll see you in a minute" she said, leaving the store. I looked at the dress once more, no, this definitely wasn't it. I looked at some more dresses, picking out a few in blue and black before going into the change room.

They were all the same style, but they were also all different, I came out in a dark blue dress and looked in the mirror, "what do guys think about this?" I asked. They looked at it but didn't look impressed.

I groaned in frustration, at this rate I was never going to find a dress, even though I was planning on going to Jacksonville the night of prom, there was still a chance the trip may change dates, which means a need a dress just in case.

"Don't get upset, we'll find a dress for you, try each one on and we'll rate them" Jessica suggested, I nodded and went back in the change room. I tried on five different dresses but none of them looked right, so I put on the last dress, it was black silk.

I stepped out of the dressing room and their eyes widened, "you look amazing!" Jessica gasped, I looked in the mirror and smiled, this dress was perfect. "Alright, I'm getting this one" I said.

I waited while Jessica and Angela found their dresses, then we all went to the restaurant but Bella wasn't there. We waited a while and we even called her a few times, but she didn't come so we decided to just eat.

When we were finished dinner we went outside, Bella hurried over, "hey, you guys, I'm sorry, I just-" she started but I interrupted. "Where were you? We left you messages, I was worried" I said.

"Yeah, we waited, but, like, we were starving, so we..." she trailed off as Edward Cullen appeared at Bella's side. "Um, I'm sorry for keeping Bella from dinner, we just sort of ran into each other and got talking" he said.

Jessica and Angela were smiling like idiots, "no, we totally understand, I mean, that happens, right?" Jessica said.

"We were just leaving, so..." Angela said as we walked toward Jessica's car, "I think I should make sure Bella eats something, if you'd like" he said. She nodded, "I'll drive you home myself" he said.

"That's so thoughtful" Angela said, Jessica nodded "really thoughtful" she agreed, I looked at Edward with narrowed eyes. "Yeah, I should eat something" Bella said, walking over to stand beside him.

"So we'll see you tomorrow" Jessica said, Bella nodded and I met her gaze, I gave her a thumbs up and then a thumbs down a to find out if she'd be okay. She gave me a thumbs up, I acknowledged it with a small nod and she went inside with Edward.

Jessica and Angela started giggling as we got into the car, they drove me home and I thanked them before going inside and up to my room, changing into pyjamas and putting my prom dress in my closet. I got into bed and sighed, closing my eyes to sleep.