Chapter 7 - Meeting the Cullen's

I was sitting up in my room doing homework when a face appeared in the window, I almost screamed before I saw it was Jasper. I got up and opened the window, "hey, you could have used the door, you know?" I teased.

   "Come to my place tomorrow, for dinner" he said, I stepped back so he could come in, he climbed inside and stood by the window. "But... what if your family doesn't like me?" I asked nervously.

   "Alice already likes you, so does Carlisle, you only need to impress Esme, Rosalie, Emmett, and Edward" he said.

   "That's still a lot of people, are you sure they won't hate me?" I asked, he seemed amused, "I'm taking you into a house of vampires and you're worried they won't like you? You're something different" he said.

   I smiled, "I'll take that as a compliment" I said, he smiled "you should, it was meant as one" he said, entwining his fingers with mine. I smiled as he got closer to me, closing my eyes as he pressed his cold lips against mine.

   I shivered as he pulled away, "I'll pick you up tomorrow" he said, letting go of me, "bye" I said as he walked back over to the window. "Bye" he said before leaving. I smiled to myself and sat down on my bed, happiness filled me as I squealed and hugged one of my pillows. Tomorrow was going to be amazing!

***

I got dressed the next day in a tight grey sweater and some skinny jeans, I decided to wear a little bit of makeup, not a lot but enough to look pretty. Jasper picked me up in the afternoon and took me to the diner, where I had fries and salad, then we got into his car and he drove us to his house.

It was way out of town, you had to drive half an hour to get there and it was concealed by trees so nobody could see it from far away. Jasper parked the car and we both got out, going inside, it wasn't what I imagined.

"It's so bright and open" I said, looking around, "what were you expecting?" He asked, I shrugged. "I don't know, a dark cave? Maybe a waterfall as a door? I guess I was picturing the batcave" I said. He chuckled.

"Come on, I'll show you my room" he said, putting his hand on my back as we went upstairs and into a bedroom. I looked around at his room, it was so clean and neat, but it also had a cozy feeling to it.

One of the walls was just a giant bookcase, and his bed was pushed up against it, he had a fuzzy carpet and a few cushioned seats, as well as a desk, a dresser, a Tv, and a few random decorations. "Again, not what I was expecting" I said.

"Were you expecting coffins and cages?" He asked jokingly, "no, not the cages" I joked, he smirked and took hold of my hand gently. I was still getting used to how cold his skin was, but at least I wasn't flinching when he touched me anymore.

I heard a giggle and turned around to see Alice standing in the doorframe, "sorry to disturb you, I wanted to warn you" she said.

"Warn me about what?" I asked, feeling a bit worried, "Esme and Carlisle decided to make super fancy food for you and Bella, I wanted to wa-" she tried to explain but I interrupted.

"Bella? As in my sister Bella?" I asked.

"Yeah, Edward invited her, didn't you know?" She asked, I shook my head, "no, I didn't, she didn't tell me..." I said, feeling angry. A feeling of calm swept over me, which confused me.

Alice smiled a bit at Jasper, I looked at him and he was smirking, "what just happened?" I asked, Alice answered, "Jasper can sense and change peoples emotions" she said.

"Awesome" I said quietly, she giggled and we heard voices coming from the kitchen, "come on, Bella and Edward are here" she said, taking my hand from Jasper and pulling me. She took me out to the balcony and stepped into a branch of a tree, leading me down to the balcony below.

"Hi Bella" she said, hopping off the branch onto the balcony and running over to hug my sister, I stepped off the branch and Jasper stepped off beside me. "Oh, you do smell good" Alice said as she let go of her. "Alice, what are you-" Edward started but she interrupted.

"It's okay, Bella and I are gonna be great friends" she said, Bella smiled a bit but then she saw me. "Maya? What are you doing here?" She asked, I walked forward and took her hand, bringing her into a different room.

She turned to me, "how did you know the Cullen's are vampires?" I asked angrily, "how did you know?" She countered.

"I asked you first" I said, she crossed her arms, "I figured it out and confronted Edward, now your turn" she said.

"Jasper told me" I said, crossing my arms, "why didn't you tell me?" She asked.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" I asked, getting angry, "it's wasn't my secret to tell!" She said loudly, "Exactly!" I yelled louder than her. She sighed, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but it wasn't my secret to tell, and I didn't want to betray Edwards trust" she said calmly.

I calmed down a bit, "I wanted to tell you, I really did, but I didn't want to hurt Jasper, I really like him, and I'm finally over Grace" I said. She opened up her arms and we hugged each other tightly, "I'm sorry" I apologized. She shook her head "I'm more sorry, we tell each other everything, and we've been keeping too many secrets lately" she said.

We split apart and I sighed, "are we cool now?" I asked she nodded "yeah, we're cool" she said, I smiled and we went back out. I looked at everyone and sighed, "I'm guessing by the looks on your faces that you heard all that" I said, they nodded.

Bella walked over to Edward and I walked back over to Jasper, who put his arm around my waist, I smiled a bit to myself. The rest of the night was just simple chitchat, and the Cullen's answered whatever questions I had about vampires, they were actually quite nice. Then Jasper drove me home for the night.

He truly is a gentleman.