Chapter 15 - Movie night

I sighed as I looked in the mirror at my outfit, black ripped skinny jeans, a red cropped flannel shirt, and combat boots. I messed up my hair a bit and smiled at the look, I liked my new style, it was kind of grunge and kind of rock and roll.

I looked around and saw my glasses on my dresser, I hadn't worn them in months, and to be honest, I was doing fine without them. I grabbed the glasses and put them on, but as soon as I opened my eyes I immediately felt pain. My prescription had definitely changed.

   I sighed quietly and put my glasses down, grabbing my phone and putting it in my pocket before going downstairs. Bella left right before I came down, leaving me alone with Charlie, "hey Dad, is there anywhere I can get a haircut around here? I haven't cut my hair in over a year" I said.

   "There's a place in Port Angelos, I'll give you the address, I'd take you myself but another hiker went missing today, I have to deal with it" he said. I nodded "thanks, Dad, I'll be back in a couple of hours" I said, grabbing my keys from the front hall.

   I went outside and got onto my motorcycle, starting it up and driving to the movie theatre, when I got there, Mike and Jacob were talking outside, it didn't look like a happy conversation. I turned off the bike and got off.

   "Jacob!" I called, he looked at me and smiled as I ran over, "Maya! It's been forever, Dummy" he said, hugging me tightly. "I know, too long" I said as he let me go, Mike looked at me "you're friends with him?" He asked.

   "Yeah, well, I haven't seen him in way too long, but we're great friends" I said, looking at Jacob, that's when I realized how much muscle he had gained. "Holy crap, where'd that come from? You used to be scrawnier than a stick" I said, he chuckled.

   "I'm filling out" he said, flexing a little, I laughed and he smiled, "so, an I late?" I asked as Bella walked over. "Just in time, Jessica bailed, and Angela got the stomach flu so Eric's taking care of her, it's just us four" she said.

   "Great" Jacob said, seeming genuine, "great" Mike said, he was clearly not happy, I chuckled awkwardly as we went inside, buying our tickets and then going into the theatre. I sat down next to Mike while Bella sat between him and Jacob as we all watched the movie.

   I wasn't really watching the movie, I was kind of looking at Mike's hand, it was open on my arm rest, like he was inviting me to hold hands. He glanced at me and smiled, I smiled back a bit before looking at the movie, thinking of Jasper, what would he think if I moved on? Am I even able to move on?

   My hand went to my scarred arm without me realizing as I pictured Jasper's face, as I imagined holding his hand again. I blinked a few times to clear my head, the thought hurt too much.

   "I think I'm gonna throw up" Mike said suddenly, running out of the theatre, we left the theatre as he ran into the bathroom. "I'm gonna check on him" I said, going into the bathroom, I saw him leaned over a toilet puking.

   I crossed my arms and leaned against the wall, "you okay?" I asked, he stopped puking and looked up. "What are you doing in here? This is the men's bathroom" he said, looking spooked.

   "Relax, nobodies got their banana out" I said, he looked at me strangely, "what?" I asked.

   "Nothing, it's just, you called it a banana" he said, looking confused by my choice of words. I snickered a bit and he started to laugh. "It's... it's not a banana" he said between laughs, which made both of us laugh even more.

   We calmed down and he stood up, I passed him some paper towel and he washed his face before drying it. "Are you feeling okay now?" I asked, he nodded but looked hesitant.

   "Alright, what's the matter? What's on your mind?" I asked him, he looked at me "what makes you think there's something on my mind?" He asked.

   "I'm your friend, I always know when something's wrong, now tell me what it is" I said, he sighed quietly. "Have you ever had feelings for someone, really strong feelings, but you know they're already in love, and they'll never love anyone else?" He asked.

   I thought for a moment, "no" I said simply, he frowned and looked at the floor, I sighed a little, "but, I do know what it's like to be heartbroken" I said. He looked at me "you do? Oh, right, Jasper... how did you get over him?" he asked.

   I put my hand over my scarred arm, "to tell you the truth, I'm not, I'll never be over him, he was the first person I truly loved. Yes, I've had relationships before, but not like this, we know everything about each other, we have no secrets, we trust each other with our lives" I said.

   "Maya? You do realize he's not here anymore, don't you?" He asked, I looked at him and a tear rolled down my cheek, I wiped it away quickly. "Maya..." he started but I stopped him, "I'm fine, let's get out of here" I said.

   We left the bathroom and found Jacob and Bella sitting on the stairs, "I need to go home" he said, Jacob gave him an angry look. "I was feeling sick before the movie, okay?" Mike said. Jacob scoffed. "What is your problem?" Mike asked.

   "Right now, you're my problem, feeling sick? Maybe you should go to the hospital" Jacob said, he stood up suddenly. "You want me to put you in the hospital?" He threatened, Mike backed away quickly, fear flashing in his eyes.

   "Jake, Jake, the movie's over, what are you doing?" Bella asked, putting a hand on his chest to stop him. "You're really hot, you feel like you have a fever" Bella said.

   I gave him a look of concern, "I don't know what's happening..." he said, his breathing becoming ragged, "I gotta go..." he walked quickly out of the building. I glanced at Bella before running outside after him. But he was already gone...

I got over 100 reads on this story!!! This makes me super happy because I've posted stories on this app before and they've never even got 10... so the fact that this story has over 100 is a really big deal for me 😁! Anyway, thank you for reading my story, I hope you're enjoying it, and I'll continue to post a new chapter every day, I'll try anyway... again, thank you so much for reading! 💖