Chapter 10 - Prom

It was prom night, Bella and I were in her room, I was already dressed in my outfit, the black dress I had bought, a silver necklace, basic makeup, and I had styled my hair to look extra nice. Now I was helping Bella, who was terrible with fashion, as you know.

   Alice had leant her a dress and I had been trying for half an hour to convince her not to wear converse, but I was unsuccessful. "Are you ready?" I asked, she took a deep breath and nodded, I put on my heels before we left her room.

   We walked over to the stairs and she made her way down as Charlie, Edward, and Jasper appeared at the bottom of the stairs. "Alice lent me the dress, the cast is..." Bella trailed off.

   "You're perfect" Edward said, Charlie glared at him and I rolled my eyes, noticing Jasper was staring at me. "What?" I asked, he blinked "you're the most beautiful girl I've seen in my entire life" he said, I smiled shyly, my cheeks turning pink.

   "We should get going" Edward said, taking Bella's hand, Jasper took mine and I smiled at him as we went outside, getting into his car. We drove to the venue and got out, "we'll be right back" Edward said as Bella sat down on a bench, the two boys walked up to the building.

   "Bella, Maya" someone called, we looked over at the trees and saw Jacob wearing a dress shirt and tie. "Hey Jacob" I said, he walked over and sat beside Bella, "are you crashing the prom or something? Did you come with a date?" Bella asked.

   "No, Uh... my dad paid me to come talk to you guys, 20 bucks" he said.

   "Let's hear it" I said, he sighed "just don't get mad, okay? He wants you two to break up with your boyfriends. It's just, he said, quote, 'we'll be watching you'" he said, laughing a bit.

   "Okay, well, tell him 'thanks'" Bella said, he laughed, "and to pay up" she added. She started to stand up, "oh, let me help you" he said, Edward appeared by her side. "Jacob, I'll take it from here" he said.

   "Guess I'll see you around, Bella" Jacob said as Edward led Bella away, "bye, Maya" he said to me. "Bye, Jacob" I said as he left, Jasper appeared by my side and put his arm around my waist, kissing me on the cheek.

   "Hi" I giggled, he smiled, "come on, let's go in" he said, we walked over to the line, getting our picture taken before going inside. I saw Angela and Eric controlling the music so I walked over with Jasper.

"Hey guys, you look like you're having fun, the theme is awesome" I said, they smiled "thanks, what do think of the music?" Eric asked.

"It's awesome, you've got good taste" I said, he smiled and kissed Angela on the cheek, she giggled and the song ended. Eric grabbed the microphone, "alright, let's slow things down" he said before putting in a different song.

"You want to dance?" Jasper asked, holding out his hand "of course" I said, taking his hand, he led me into the dance floor. He put one hand on my waist while holding my other hand, I put my spare hand on his shoulder and we started to dance to the music.

"You look beautiful" he said, spinning me around, I smiled "you too, I mean, handsome, you look handsome" I said. He chuckled and pulled me close, "have you ever been in love?" He asked suddenly. I thought of Grace and felt sad.

"I thought I was, but she wasn't the one, she cheated on me" I said, he hugged me tightly, "what about you?" I asked.

"I once thought I was, the woman who turned me, I thought she loved me but she was just using me" he said, I pulled away from him. "How did things end between you two?" I asked.

"A boy I knew, Peter, he helped me escape, a while later I found Alice and we became good friends, then together we found Carlisle, who took us in" he explained quietly so nobody else would hear.

"Do you think you'll ever really fall in love?" I asked quietly, avoiding his gaze, "I am in love" he said, he heart fluttered as I looked up and into his eyes. "Maya Swan, I'm in love with you" he said, he breath hitches in my throat and I felt overwhelming happiness.

"Jasper... I love you too..." I whispered, he pressed his lips against mine and I closed my eyes, enjoying the moment. The kiss ended and I leaned my forehead against his, sighing happily, he smiled a bit.

"You want to get out of here?" He asked, I nodded a bit and he took my hand as we walked outside, "where do you want to go?" He asked.

"I really want tacos" I said randomly, he laughed and I started giggling, "come on then" he said, we started walking. We reached the diner and went inside, sitting down, a waitress came over "what can I get for you two?" She asked.

"Do you have tacos?" I asked, she nodded, "yep, do you want beef or chicken?" She asked.

"Beef, please" I said, she nodded and took out her notepad, "how many?" She asked.

"Three" I said, she nodded and wrote it down, "I'll be right back with your food" she said, walking away. I looked at Jasper and saw he was staring at me with a happy expression, "what?" I asked, tilting my head a bit.

"I'm just wondering how I got so lucky" he said, I smiled a little and hid my face, my cheeks turning pink. He chuckled and took hold of my hand as the waitress brought the food over, setting it down on the table.

   I ate the food and Jasper insisted on paying for it, I didn't bother arguing this time, it didn't swirl last time so it would tonight. When I was finished we went outside and started walking back towards the prom venue.

   "Do you want to come back in or go home?" He asked, I yawned quietly, I felt so tired, "home it is" he said, I laughed a bit. We got in his car and he drove back to my house, opening the car door for me, offering his hand to help me out, I took it gratefully.

   He walked me up to the house and I opened the door, bringing him inside, Charlie was in the living room and looked up when we entered. "You're home early, where's Bella?" He asked as I took my shoes off.

   "Maya got tired so we called it a night, Bella and Edward are still at the dance" Jasper said, Charlie nodded. "Did you have fun?" Charlie asked me, I nodded "yeah, we danced for a bit and then got tacos" I said.

   "Sounds like a great night" he said, I looked at Jasper, "I'll see you tomorrow" he said, I smiled and nodded. He kissed my cheek before leaving, I smiled and went upstairs to my room, as soon as I closed the door I spun around happily and sighed.

   I went over to my closet and grabbed some comfy shorts and an oversized blue sweater, changing out of my dress and letting my hair down. I wiped off my makeup and put on some comfy socks before getting into bed and sighing happily, Jasper was my everything...

*end of twilight*