Chapter 3 - The accident

I went to school the next day, but I didn't talk to Jasper, I didn't talk to him the next day, or the day after. I tried to talk to him yesterday but he was gone before I had the chance, what was going on? He seemed friendly on my first day, now he was ignoring me?

   Right now I was looking through my dresser for an outfit for school, I sighed and grabbed a pair of black ripped jeans and a grey long sleeve shirt. I put that on as well as some regular combat boots, then I brushed my hair and put on a black sweater, zipping it up halfway.

   I grabbed my backpack and went downstairs, seeing Bella waiting for me, we went outside and saw Dad driving our truck back into the driveway. We walked over but Bella stepped on a patch of ice, slipping and falling, our dad ran over and helped her up. "Are you okay?" He asked.

   "Yeah, I'm good, ice doesn't really help the uncoordinated" she said, wiping off her jeans, "yeah, that's why I had some new tires put on your truck" he said. I got in the passengers seat of the truck and put in my earphones, turning on my MP3 player. My Chemical Romance blasted into my ears as I sighed.

   Bella got into the truck and started it, driving us to school, as soon as we got there I got out, going straight inside. I went into class and sat down, taking out my headphones and looking around, Jasper wasn't here yet.

   I sighed quietly and took out my sketchbook and a pencil, looking at things around the room and then seeing the teachers pencil holder. I started sketching it for fun, not really caring if I was caught.

   "Jasper Hale, you're late" the teacher suddenly said, I looked up and saw Jasper standing in the doorframe. "Sorry" he said, the teacher sighed "it's fine, go sit down" the teacher said, Jasper looked around but the only empty seat was beside me.

   I looked down as he walked over, continuing my sketch as he sat down, I felt him looking at me, but I didn't meet his gaze. "That's really good, are you self taught?" He asked, I looked at him and back at my art.

   "Yes" I said, putting the finishing touches on the sketch. "It's really well done" he said, I smiled a bit, "thanks" I said, looking at him, his eyes looked different, they weren't black anymore.

   "Your eyes, they used to be black, now they're brown, what happened?" I asked, he stiffened, "I don't know what you're talking about" he said. I narrowed my eyes but didn't question him, "alright then, keep your secrets" I said.

   He gave me a funny look "did you just quote Frodo from Lord of the rings?" He asked, a smirk on his face. I smiled "maybe" I said, he laughed, and I giggled, the teacher snapped his fingers "stop talking and pay attention" he said.

   I smirked at Jasper and he smiled before we both looked at the teacher, who shook his head and muttered "unbelievable".

***

   When school was over I went to the truck and waited for Bella, I suspected she would take a while so I pulled out my sketchbook and flipped through until I found an empty page. I saw Jasper across the parking lot looking as photogenic as ever, so I started sketching him.

   I started with his eyes, then his face shape, then his lips and nose, then his hair and neck, and once I started on his clothes Bella came over. "Hey Bella" I greeted her, she did a little wave but she had her headphones in.

   I shrugged, seeing our friends across the parking lot, "I'll be right back" I said, putting my sketchbook in my bag and running over. "Hey Maya!" Mike put his arm around my shoulders and I smiled "hey, I heard people are starting to get their dates to the prom, wanted to know if any of you had yours?" I asked.