Chapter 21 - Reunited

*beginning of Eclipse*

   I was sitting in the branches of a tree in the woods by my house, Jasper was in the branch above me, we like hanging out here. It was quiet and nobody ever disturbed us, we could just talk about whatever we wanted.

   "Hey Jasper" I said to get his attention, "yes?" He asked, I looked up at him and smiled, "can I have a kiss?" I asked sweetly. He laughed and smiled at me, "you're so needy" he said before hopping down to my branch, sitting beside me.

   I smiled as he pressed his lips against mine before pulling away, "was that satisfactory?" He asked. I smiled "maybe once more would suffice" I said, he grinned and kissed me again, pulling me closer to him.

   I giggled as he started tickling me, ending the kiss as I squealed, I giggled and he laughed as I rested my head on his shoulder. "Do you..." I started but didn't finish my question. "Do I what?" He asked.

   "When we graduate, and you turn me, do you think I'll change very much?" I asked, he foresees his brow, "what do you mean?" He asked.

   "I mean... will I still be... me..? Am I gonna be a different person when you turn me? Will I be the same person I am now?" I asked, he sighed. "You don't have to worry about that, the only change is physical, you know, strength and speed" he said. I felt relieved.

   I looked at Jasper and he smiled at me a bit, "you're so pretty..." I said randomly, he smirked and I realized what I said. "Wait, no, handsome..." I corrected myself, my cheeks turning red, he laughed.

   "You're so cute" he said, I pretended to be offended and crossed my arms, "I'm not cute! I'm big and tough and scary!" I said. He raised an eyebrow, "oh yeah? I know something that'll find out what you are" he said.

   "What?" I asked, not believing him, he smirked deviously and I started to get worried, before he stuck his tongue out and crossed his eyes. I giggled and he started laughing "you're so lame" I laughed, he smiled and I looked at my watch. "Oh, crap!" I gasped.

   "What is it?" Jasper asked as I climbed down the tree, "I was supposed to be home almost an hour ago, Charlie is gonna be pissed" I said. He jumped down and landed beside me, "hop on" he said, turning his back to me.

   "Really?" I asked, he was offering me a piggyback ride, he smirked "really, now get on" he said, I laughed and got on his back. He sped to the edge of the woods and let me off, grabbing my hand, we ran back up to the house.

   We stopped outside the door and he put his hands on my waist, kissing me as I giggled, the door opened and we split apart to see Charlie glaring at us. I rolled my eyes and looked at Jasper, "see you tomorrow" I said, he kissed me on the cheek and I smiled before going inside.

   Jasper waved to Charlie politely but he just glared, so Jasper left awkwardly, "Dad, why can't you be nice to him? I've forgiven him, why can't you?" I asked.

   "I'm not mean to him, isn't that enough? And when I saw I want you back at 4, it means 4, not 4:58" he said angrily. I looked at him in surprise, "I'm sorry... I lost track of time..." I said.

   "We'll pay more attention next time, go to your room" he snapped, I glanced at him before going upstairs to my room, closing the door and sighing. What was wrong with him? I get that he hates Edward, I'm not too keen on him either, but Jasper is a gentleman. Literally.

   I pushed the thought from my mind as I sat on my bed, after that scene, I wasn't too hungry, so I just went to bed. I didn't bother changing into pyjamas.

***

   I walked into the cafeteria and over to the table where all of my friends were, Bella and Edward were already there when I sat down. "Alright, check it out, let's see what we got, 'my fellow students' right? 'We are the future, anything is possible if you just believe, blah blah blah' and you got yourself a speech" Mike was saying.

   "No, this will be my speech when I want everyone to throw diplomas at my head, so thank you" she said, crumpling up the paper and throwing at at him. He didn't even react. "You gotta embrace the cliches, Jess" he said.

   "They are the bread and butter of all valedictorians" Eric added, Mike nodded and I looked at Angela to see if she would react. "That is why you are not valedictorian" she said to Eric. "Jess doesn't need cliches, the speech is gonna be epic" Bella said.

   "Epic? It'll change lives" Jessica said as Alice and Jasper sat down, he sat down next to me and put his arm around my waist. I smiled at him and he smiled back. "I've decided to throw a party" Alice said.

   "After all, how many times are we gonna graduate high school?" Jasper said, everyone who got the joke smirked. "A party? At your place?" Angela asked, Jessica looked at Alice, "I've never seen your house" she said.

   "No one's ever seen their house" Eric said to her quietly, Edward looked at Alice, "another party, Alice?" He asked. She looked at him "it'll be fun" she said defensively. "Yeah, that's what you said last time" Bella said. I shuddered at the memory and Jasper nudged me a bit.

   I smiled at him a bit before glancing at Alice, she was staring at nothing, her eyes flicking around, she was having a vision. I looked at Edward who had a clenched jaw, I narrowed me eyes, what did she see? I wondered. It must be important.

***

  I was sitting in my room after school, doing homework I had forgotten to do the day before, I had Nickelback playing on the radio. I sighed as I finished the last bit of yesterday's homework, now I had to do today's homework.

I groaned in frustration and threw my pencil across the room, the door opened and Bella popped her head in. "Hey" I greeted her, turning down the music. "Hey, we're going to Florida this weekend, to visit mom before graduation" she said. I understood what she meant. This would be our last chance to see her before the Cullen's turn us.

I'm going to try to keep the Eclipse era as short as possible because this movie is mostly just Bella's pointless love triangle. Hopefully I can speed through this movie and get to the next, which will be just as long as the ones before.