Chapter 18 - Alice?!

The next day had come, I'd cleaned up all the stuff and all the boxes, putting them at the top of the closet where I wouldn't find them for another few months. Now I was sitting in the living room in a tight grey zip up sweater, and black ripped jeans.

I was doing homework when Bella came downstairs, not noticing me as she grabbed her keys, "hey, where are you going?" I asked.

"Nowhere" she said, she was a terrible liar, she left the house and I narrowed my eyes, wherever she was going, she didn't want me to know, which meant I needed to know. I stood up and quickly put on my combat boots, waiting for her to pull out of the driveway before going outside.

I got on my motorcycle and followed her from a distance, I was close enough to see her but not close enough for her to see me. She drove for a while until we were in the middle of nowhere, there were trees on either side of the road as she parked and got out.

I watched as she walked into the forest, I got off my bike and followed her, making sure she didn't know I was watching her. She walked for a while until she reached a cliff, what was she doing? I wondered as she started talking to herself, I couldn't hear what she was saying.

She took off her jacket and walked to the edge of the cliff, putting her foot out, "no!" I screamed as she let herself fall. I ran forward and reached the edge just in time to see her disappear into the water.

What should I do? Who should I call? I grabbed my phone and dialled the first person that came to mind. He picked up after a few rings.

"Jacob!"

"Maya? What's wrong?"

"Bella! She jumped off a cliff! She hasn't come up for air yet!"

"I'm on my way!"

He hung up and I looked around, I had to get to the beach, I started running back down to the road. I got on my motorcycle and tried to start it but it didn't work, "seriously?! My sister is dying and you won't start?! Stupid piece of shit!" I got off and kicked it frustratedly.

I growled and started running down the road, it took a couple minutes to get to the beach, and when I got there I saw Jacob trying desperately to get Bella to breathe.

I ran down and kneeled beside them as he continued to push on her chest, she spat out some water and Jacob looked hopeful. "Bella? Bella, can you hear me?" He asked. She let out a breath as she slowly opened her eyes, "Jake?" She saw him.

He let out a breath of relief and let his head fall, Bella looked at me "Maya?" She asked, I nodded "I'm right here, you're okay" I said. Jacob helped her sit up "what the hell were you thinking?" He asked her.

"I just wanted to see something" she said, I looked up as I noticed Sam a little ways away. "Get her home! I'm gonna go help out at Harry's place!" He yelled before running off.

"What happened at Harry's?" I asked, Jacob looked at me, "Harry Clearwater had a heart attack, Charlie and my dad are over at his place with his family" he said.

"Is he okay?" Bella asked, he looked at her and his face went grim, "he's gone" he said grimly. We all went silent for a few moments, "come on, I'll get you something dry and drive you home" he said, helping her to her feet.

I stood up and Jacob and I helped Bella to the truck, she got in and Jacob helped me put the motorcycle in the back of the truck. Then we got in, he drove us to his place and gave her some dry clothes which she changed into gratefully before getting back in.

Then we started driving to our place, she was shivering up against me as Jacob drove, "108° over here" Jacob said. She shuffled over to him and pressed up against him, "god, my hands are freezing, it must be nice never getting cold" she said.