Chapter 13 - Dealing with heartbreak...

October passed seemingly quickly, I did what I was required to do, I went to classes, and I ate sometimes, but I never talked to my friends anymore. November was the same, but I started eating less, losing more and more of my appetite with each passing day.

December passed in a blink of an eye, Christmas was uneventful, I couldn't even eat dinner, I almost never ate anymore. Now it was January, school has started back up after Christmas break.

Right now I was in my room, I yawned and got out of bed, walking over to my closet and grabbed some blue jeans and a grey sweater, I got dressed and put on my combat boots. I brushed my long hair, I hadn't cut it in months. I didn't bother with makeup.

I went downstairs and Charlie sitting at the table, "hey, don't forget to grab breakfast before school" he said.

"I'm not hungry" I muttered, walking towards the door, "hold on" he stood up and walked over. "How long has it been since you've eaten last?" He asked. I shrugged "a couple days?" I guessed.

"That's not healthy, you need food to survive" he said, I sighed "I'll grab something later, can I go?" I asked.

"No, come on" he said, walking into the kitchen, I followed him and he passed me a bagel, "eat this" he said. I sighed and took a bite, "can I go now?" I asked with my mouth full. "Wait, I want you to make contact with your friends again" he said.

"Fine, I will, now can I go?" I asked, he nodded and I left.

As soon as I was outside I spat it into the garbage and threw away the rest, I wasn't hungry. I saw Bella leaning against the truck, "who's driving?" I asked, she looked at me "I'll drive" she said.

We got in and she started driving, I clenched my jaw and looked out the window as we drove, "do you think about him a lot?" She asked suddenly. I looked at her "of course I do, I love... I loved him..." I said.

"What do you mean 'loved'? You don't love him anymore?" She asked, I clenched my fists until my knuckles turned white. "Do you really want to talk about this right now?" I asked, glaring at her coldly. "No" she said.

"Good" I muttered, crossing my arms, we got to school and I immediately got out, not even waiting for her to turn the truck off. I grabbed my backpack and went inside, not looking where I was going.

I accidentally knocked into someone, falling to the ground, "woah! Maya, are you okay?" Someone asked, I looked up as Tyler crouched next to me. "I'm fine" I said, standing up and wiping off my knees, "are you sure? You landed pretty hard" he said.

"I said I was fine, okay? I don't need anyone's help, I don't need anyone..." I said, fighting back the tears that threaten to burst. "Maya..." he started, I shook my head "I gotta go" I said, running through the halls and into the girls bathroom.

I took a shaky breath, pulling up my sleeve and looking at the scars from my birthday, the only proof I have that Jasper ever existed. I felt tears leak down my face and I wiped them away quickly, pulling my sleeve down.

I took a deep breath to calm myself before leaving the bathroom and going to my first classes, they were boring as usual. The next thing I knew, it was time for lunch, I was going to go outside but then I remembered what Charlie said, about reconnecting with my friends.

I sighed quietly and went into the cafeteria, seeing all my old friends sitting at their usual table, I was hesitant but I walked over. They all went silent and looked at me, "hey... mind if I sit?" I asked.

"Yeah, sit down" Angela said, I sat in an empty chair, not really knowing what to say, "so, Maya, you're back" Jessica said.

"Um, yeah, I figured I'd spent enough time wallowing in self-pity" I chuckled a bit, they laughed awkwardly. "We missed you" Angela said, I smiled a bit, a genuine smile, which surprised me.

"We were talking about going to the beach after school, if it's not too cold, you in?" Mike asked. I nodded "sure, sounds like fun" I said, maybe it would be fun, if it didn't rain, but if it did we could find something else to do.

At least we had plans, that's what's important, that I'm not sitting in my bedroom staring blankly at my wall until I fall asleep.

This chapter is short because I didn't quite know what to write, hopefully more stuff with happen in the next chapter