Chapter 4 - Burgers and fries

It was a couple days later, there was a field trip today and I was standing outside the bus, zoning out and staring at the ground. I looked up as Bella walked over, looking a bit stressed, "what's up?" I asked.

   "Mike just asked me to prom" she said, my eyes widened "seriously? What did you say?" I asked, she shrugged, "I said he should ask Jessica" she said.

   "Damn" I muttered, the teacher came over to us, "come on, let's go, we're gonna be late" he said, we got on the bus and sat together in the back, chatting about random things until we got there, then we went inside. It was a greenhouse and it kind of stank.

   "Eggshells, carrot tops, compost is cool! Now, stuff that in there, Eric" the teacher said, Eric started pushing things into the composter. "Now, I am gonna make a steaming cup of compost tea" the teacher said, holding a cup under the nozzle at the bottom of the machine.

   Tyler grabbed it from his hands and he let him, "this is recycling in its most basic form, guys" the teacher said. Tyler went to take a sip, "don't drink it! It's for the plants" the teacher said, I rolled my eyes and looked around at the different plants.

   "Hey" someone said, I turned around to see Jasper, "hey" I said, smiling a bit, "so, you never texted me" he said. I looked down, "sorry, I guess I forgot" I said.

   "Thanks" he said, I looked at him, "I didn't mean it that way, you're not forgettable, it's just-" I tried to explain but he cut me off. "I'm messing with you, you had a concussion, I'd be surprised if you didn't forget" he said.

   "Sorry" I said again, he chuckled "you apologize a lot" he said.

   "Sorry" I said without thinking, he chuckled and my face turned pink from embarrassment, "that's cute" he said, which made my face turn even more pink. "I know" I joked to kill my embarrassment, which made him laugh. Success, I thought to myself.

   The girl I recognized as Alice came over, "hey, you're Maya, right?" She asked, I nodded, "and you're Alice" I said, she smiled. "You two look like you're having fun, way more than Rosalie and Emmett, he spilled compost tea on his shirt" she said, Jasper smirked.

   "Come on, everyone's gone outside" she said, grabbing both of our hands, her hands were freezing, she pulled us outside before letting go. I breathed in the cold damp air, I don't know why but the cold wind felt so fresh.

   I looked around and saw Bella talking with Edward, it didn't look like a happy conversation so the three of us walked over. "Hi, are you riding with us?" Alice asked, interrupting them. "No, our bus is full" Edward said, knocking on the door.

   "Um, I'll see you guys later" I said to Jasper and Alice, "text me, if you don't forget" he said, I nodded and he got on the bus. Bella and I got on the other bus and waited for everyone else to get on, then we were brought back to school. Bella and I got into our truck and drove home.

   Bella went into the kitchen but I went upstairs, changing into some comfy clothes and climbing into bed, I was exhausted. I sighed and took out my phone, I should probably text Jasper before I forget again.