#3 Where is your safe place?

Liam walked up to my table like it was the easiest thing in the world

Liam walked up to my table like it was the easiest thing in the world. His feet were as light as feathers gliding between the tables and my heart pooled with jealousy. He's part of the reason I have such a hard time getting around this school yet he can just stroll in effortlessly. He took his seat next to me and I kept my focus on Mr Hibbert. Sure, my eyes might have been on Mr Hibbert but my mind was anywhere but.

I can't believe I got stuck with Liam as my partner. 'Find out what makes them behave the way they do.' Ha! Easier said than done when your partner is a borderline psychopath. There's no way I could work with Liam. I knew if he bothered to show up for class then he wouldn't put in any effort. I knew he would make my life a living hell and due to my past experience of sitting next to one of these jocks, lets just say I was overly skeptical about working with another one again. Let alone the worst one of them all.

Having missed the first half of Mr Hibberts introduction, Liam was completely oblivious to the rational thoughts running through my mind. Allowing myself to swiftly side eye him I noted that he already lay his head down on his desk to take an afternoon snooze. That just shows how much he's going to cooperate in class assignments. Now that I knew I was safe I turned my full vision onto him to inspect him closer.

His arms, draped in a leather jacket were folded down onto the table to make pillows for his head. His chestnut brown hair flopped slightly over his face and the warm glow edging in from the window made his natural honey blonde highlights shine. Secretly eyeing his side profile as he slept peacefully I noticed his full eyelashes evenly fluttered across his cheeks, pale skin completely flawless and perfectly plump lips that were the ideal balance between not being too big but not too small. He was undoubtedly attractive even if I could see only half of his sleeping face.

There was something soft and soothing about the gentle rise and fall of his chest as he breathed deeply. The scent of oud wood and fresh vanilla drifted from his body and filled my nostrils causing me to inhale deeper every time. He smelt so good.

Maybe working with him wouldn't be so bad. I just have to pluck up the courage to talk to him first. It can't be that hard can it? I mean, we used to talk as kids.